Followers

Monday, April 25, 2022

Greetings from Nova Scotia!!

It's been a busy last week or so for the Seventies....we arrived in Nova Scotia last Monday.  Our original plan was to drive here Tuesday, but we had a large rain and wind storm blow through...and after having a few difficulties with getting a start on building a new deck....things finally got underway on Wednesday.  The deck has been completed!

There is a shop here I love to visit...Wheatons!!  Chock full of home decor, bedding, furniture...and everything in between....lots of blue sky on this day....


The shop is huge.....with two floors to take in....


Lots of wonderful home decor items...


How adorable is this bumble bee butter dish?


I fell hard for this enormous lantern...isn't it gorgeous?


Crushing on this sign....


Isn't this a great display?  Love the old fashion washing machine.....and I'm old enough to remember using one!  And the pig is just awesome!


I came across some of these flickering candles....and they look so real!  The flame actually flickers!!


These are much more expensive home....so I was quick to pick up a box of three!!  I think I may use them on some pillars....


Such cute table lamps....


And the furniture on the second floor is beautiful....sofas, dining sets, buffets....reproduction iron beds!   *swoon*


And this blue velvet with the green cushions!!!


This chair wasn't my thing...little too busy....


An an assortment of iron beds....not lightweight...heavy iron & metal...and various designs and colours...


You can understand why I love Wheatons!  (they have a website too!!)

A crafter who lives in Kensington, PEI makes gorgeous wooden barn quilts...and is delivering this beautiful piece to me on Wednesday!!  I haven't decided where to hang it....outdoors.  It has numerous coats of exterior clear protectant sealant!  Isn't it pretty?  I'm almost rethinking hanging it outside...



Today we are travelling home.  That's the best part of being away....there is no place like home!  Join us over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday .











2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - this looks like a fantastic store! You must have had such a good time browsing and choosing what you wanted to buy. I can tell that this would be a very dangerous store for me lol. Your wooden barn quilt is lovely and that view is just gorgeous! Wow! Hope you had a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheatons is an awesome store!! There is another one in Moncton, New Brunswick...but I haven't visited it....yet. I'm excited to receive my barn quilt....it's being dropped off this evening. And...that view...is the seller's view! I have a beautiful view of....a busy road...hahaha....

      Delete