Followers

Friday, October 21, 2022

Sneak Peek

Hello friends!!  October is slipping away on us, isn't it?  Cleanup from Fiona continues...stumps, branches and limbs were removed from the edge of our property...with gouges left in the grass from the front end loader...but it is what it is.   Mr. Seventies will spread topsoil and grass seed in the spring...even though it technically isn't part of our property....but doubtful repairs are on the top of the city's or province's priority list...

The small bedroom is coming together...the curtain panels...as expected will be a few weeks arriving.  I decided to use this olive green quilt set on the bed...since it's a beautiful fall colour....


My wicker basket sits perfectly at the bottom of the bed...and I laid a velour golden throw across the bed.  The photo on the wall....is my beloved Mom's graduation photo from Teacher's College....she was twenty two at the time....(a very young widow as well. )  She met & married my Dad eight or nine years later...


My cabinet remains in the room...with ample space to move about.  The curtain rod arrived & sets in the corner awaiting installation....


I'm so excited my cookware finally arrived!  Since it was sold out in the store (and such an amazing deal)...it needed to be ordered.  And well worth the wait!   It comes with a huge frying pan & lid as well not shown in the photo....


Besides the pots being non-stick..the covers have vent holes!  Things my previous stainless steel Paderno cookware did not have!


While I was in store picking up the cookware....I couldn't help but browse the Christmas decor...still being set out.  I found these adorable cupcake tree decorations...and could not resist picking up a few!  Our tree is going to fall over if I add much more to it!!


And found this adorable outdoor dachshund piece as well!  We looked at this a couple of years back...and decided it wasn't durable enough for outdoor use here.   Unless placed in an enclosed area where winds wouldn't rip it apart...it just won't withstand our harsh weather.  And we don't have any areas not exposed on our property....


And look what I find at the Mission Store (thrift shop)!   Benny, the dachshund...from the All About Pets movie!  My friend in New Brunswick wants him...so he will be hers...


We plan to meet up next month...where she has a couple of these adorable candles set aside for me.  I love that there are three wicks!  I have not seen them in Home Sense here...she is my own personal shopper!


Mr. Seventies intends to power wash the front walk...especially when he noticed how black the cement pads have become....and the outdoor lantern & post will need a fresh coat of paint in the spring....


Wishing you a great weekend!  The weather looks beautiful here for the next few days...wishing we could walk on the trails.  They are working hard to clear them!  There is very little fall colours to enjoy...what leaves were left...are now on the ground...much too early.  

Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment