Followers

Monday, October 24, 2022

Monday Catch Up

October is winding down...one of my favourite months!  A few family birthdays... Mr. Seventies & I will celebrate our Anniversary soon!  I struggled what to gift him...he has very few wants...but have managed to bring him into the 21st century.....he will be receiving his first iPad.  He has a relic of a tablet...time to upgrade.  Fingers crossed he will like his new one!

So much Christmas awesomeness in the stores right now...and I'm a huge fan!!  Add doxies into the mix...and my head may explode!  Santa doxie pillowcases!!  

And for the avid doxie junkie...shower curtain...and bath mat...



There must be a few low rider lovers here...as they were flying off the shelves!  I didn't purchase any as our showers have glass doors...bath mats are not something we can keep on the floor...and I've many sets of pillowcases.  But there was a time I would have purchased them all...whether I could use them or not.  I have matured...I guess. 

There were a few pieces at Home Sense I do love though...who doesn't love a donut tree?


And an adorable gingerbread house in a cloche.  My problem is I don't remember what I already have...


Now I don't know why I'm crushing on this adorable tree ornament.  It's not a dachshund...but still absolutely adorable....


Now this little cotton candy ornament would fit in with our tree decorations...but I know I just don't have room for any more on our tree....it's hard to resist though.  I may just have to stay out of the stores!!  (like that is going to happen...)



In other news....we were happy to have the guys arrive and saw off the part of a tree that was close to the power lines!   After Fiona...there was a form to submit online to request assistance with tree removal or branch removal...


This small crew is from Ontario....here to assist in the clean up.  Great guys...doing an incredible job helping!


Mr. Seventies has the black walnut chargers sanded...and now they are drying...as fresh cut wood is very wet.  Once that has completed....he will coat them with sealant.  

I spent a morning helping daughter pick new Frigidaire stainless appliances for their kitchen.  Everything needs to be upgraded from their current builder grade models.  They are going to be gorgeous with tentative arrival date about mid December.

Mr. Seventies and I took in a junior college football game over the weekend (son-in-law is a referee)...daughter & grand daughter joined us!  It cooled down quickly once the sun set...glad we were bundled up & brought a thick throw to sit on the steel benches!  Ended the evening with a treat and hot chocolate!  

One month after the storm...and clean up continues.  Mr. Seventies continuing to get fall yard work done...along with removing trees & stumps...weeks of work yet left to do...

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today...will be heading over to Between Naps on the Porch later for  Metamorphosis Monday .

Tuesday hope to see you on Marty's blog A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday!!




1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, I know what you mean by all the Christmas stuff in the stores. Its just soo tempting - all of it! I've been good so far in terms of not buying anything but HomeSense hasn't had a lot of tabletop stuff in yet (my weakness - ha!) I'm so glad to hear that you are making some headway on the mess that Fiona left behind. Take care over there!

    ReplyDelete