Followers

Monday, October 10, 2022

Catching Up & Christmas Awesomeness!

Clean up continues after the major storm...after two weeks there are still homes on the Island without power!  Lines and power poles down all over the Island...we are so thankful to have ours back in service!  It's heartbreaking for those who don't....especially with the temperatures low enough to produce frost overnight.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers....and let's hope power will be restored soon.  There are 225 electric crews working 16 hours days to make that happen!

Since my fire pit was destroyed...we purchased it again for use next year!  It's the exact same one...except this time of year it was marked down in price almost $90 less!  Mr. Seventies placed it in the storage barn...as it will need to be put together...it is sold unassembled...

The other item(s) that need replacement/additional pieces is my cookware.  It took a beating when used on an open fire needed when Fiona hit.  Paderno stainless steel  cookware, when mine were first gifted to me by Mr. Seventies...were manufactured here in Charlottetown!  I've enjoyed using them all these years....since then the company has sold...they have expanded their lines and various pieces...but the quality is still the same.    There are little tweaks I love...like non-stick coating...and vents in the covers!  The replacement set is called Vida by Paderno....

And while Mr. Seventies is still busy taking down damaged trees on our property...he took a few minutes and cut three sets of rustic chargers from what we now know was a black walnut tree on our neighbour's property.....not a butternut tree as previously thought.  Anyhow...once they are sanded & sealed..they will make beautiful pieces for use with rustic table settings.   This is my set....with additional ones cut for my neighbour and our daughter....


Fair warning - if you are not into seeing Christmas decor just yet...unlike me...hold on!  The stores are winding up for the upcoming holiday season!   And after two years of thing being delayed and postponed due to Covid...craft fairs, Christmas parades, and open markets are going to be upon us!  And I cannot wait!!

When I was shopping for new cookware last week....look what I came upon!  One of my absolute favourite tree ornaments...I purchased quite a few of these last year!   Remember these?  Adorable mugs of hot chocolate & marshmallows!!!



And Michael's is gearing up for the upcoming holiday season!  So many new pieces already in store....I'm crushing on this sign...but it's currently overpriced...it will come on sale...or BOGO in the next few weeks...


This adorable piece was bit lower in price...and every bit as adorable...



In keeping with my sweet treats tree decor....I'm crushing on these yummy gingerbread pieces....I'm keeping an eye in hopes they come on BOGO sale...



And some adorable tree ornaments....Mr. Seventies would love these ones...(and no...they don't fit in with my theme...well...I might allow the beer mugs)....lol.  Or maybe we could do a smaller, second tree...with all things Mr. Seventies!!!





There is a wonderful assortment of tree ornament & decor yumminess available....I would need a larger tree....




And these would look delicious worked into my tiered tray or accompany the gingerbread houses!!


The sweetest pom pom wreath ever!!  I could browse and enjoy looking at Christmas items forever...I hope you are like me....


I'm sure as the weeks go by...more decor pieces will be coming!  Home Sense and Winners are just barely getting started....as Halloween and fall items are disappearing off the shelves.

And lastly....I'll share my latest (and last) acquisition...a Raggedy Ann doll....affectionaly named Annabelle...for a special little lady in our lives.   The artist did an amazing job on her!  Check out her boots....those are actually painted on, you would think they are actually leather boots....true craftsmanship.....



I want to take this time to thank you for stopping by & sharing a bit of your time with me...and wish everyone....



We had a delicious Thanksgiving celebration with our son-in-laws parents & family yesterday....and gobbled til we couldn't wobble!  

As usual, on Mondays I'm hanging out over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday.

And drop over to A Stroll Thru Life tomorrow for Inspire Me Tuesday!!   Have an awesome day all!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment