Followers

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Vanity Room/Third Bedroom Re-Do

Lately I haven't been using my vanity much....the room had become a catch-all room.  A place to "set" things....until they were put away.  And we all know how that ends....it was becoming a glorified junk room.  Just what we don't need...or want....


The vanity is enjoying it's new home....somewhere on the eastern end of the Island...compliments of Facebook Marketplace.  The white storage cabinet seen in the mirror will be staying...it may not be on that wall...but we will be utilizing it.

The area rug has been rolled up....yet to decide where it's going....likely on Marketplace as well.    Starting with a clean slate!  We first need to clean the hardwood floor with Murphy's Oil Soap....I love how clean it makes the floors feel...and the fresh scent.  Once that is done...it will be time to set in a new twin size bed.  This is the smallest of bedrooms...and anything larger than a twin...would never fit.  I decided to use a black metal bed this time....while a box spring is not required....I will decide if I prefer a mattress only...or if a box spring is required or will fit.....



I've ordered these rod pocket curtain panels...again from Etsy...and this time made sure I gave the correct 90" length!  (with no tassels...).  I must have suffered fog brain when I ordered the panels for the guest bedroom at 95".....then needed them cut and hemmed 5" shorter.  As with all our curtain panels...these are semi blackout...but will still allow in light.  The fabric is so pretty...and feminine.  


And I've ordered my go to curtain rod as well...as I've used it in the other bedrooms.  It is such a sturdy, well constructed rod.  And easy for Mr. Seventies to install at just the right height & width...


I have in my stash a white matelasse coverlet to use on the bed...still have some tweaking to do on dressing the bed.  Along with needing a small night stand...

I'm hoping my Fortnum and Mason basket will fit at the end of the bed...for extra throws & pillows...


That is what we've been working on...that and still cleaning up fallen trees.  Mr. Seventies has a few large stumps to contend with.  We've requested assistance from the province in taking down one particular tree...it sits closely under a power line.  Once it's down...it can be sawed into pieces...but we need professionals to get it down safely....

A few thousand homes still without power here!  We spent an hour or so checking out some of the areas close by that were hardest hit.  Devastating to see...

A couple of great weather days here in the forecast!  Liesel has a grooming appointment...cancelled earlier following the storm...so overdue.   Many thanks for stopping by....until next time....hope to see you then.



No comments:

Post a Comment