Followers

Monday, January 9, 2023

Let's Have A January Do-Over!

January started off rough...I'm beginning to feel human again!  It's going to take a few more days...but I plan to get out and about today!  Craving fresh air...it's been two weeks since I have ventured out.

Liesel has a veterinary appointment...a skin irritation....that she is obsessed with licking.  I've kept the area covered with t-shirts...and given 1/2 a Benadryl for a couple of days....so today she will be attended to.  

The replacement refrigerator has been delivered....and this one is perfect.  No scratches...and I still want to hug her daily!  Is it normal to love an appliance this much?

Mr. Seventies assisted in hanging daughters new curtain panels.  Not a great photo...they were in the process of removing Christmas decor and re-arranging furniture....but she sent me this photo.  Perfection!  Little back story...one panel arrived with minor damage...not noticeable...but Etsy refunded the total amount of the order.  The seller has advised a replacement panel will be sent as well.  I will get a close up photo when I am able to visit next....

Daughter is extremely happy with them!  See how pretty draperies look when they are measured and hung properly?  Makes any room look bigger!  One interesting note....when we measured for this window...we measured for placement of the rod 4" down from the ceiling.  And ordered the length of each panel accordingly.  However...had the rod been placed in that position....the panels would have puddled on the floor by 4"!  Placing the rod higher was the only option.  This order was a mix up from the get go.  Never had an issue with my previous orders...for our home.  But this one...has been a challenge...



My leather  Manitobah Muklucks arrived before Christmas....and I'm obsessed with them!  Not only are they super comfortable...but very warm as well...and waterproof!!  I debated on the tobacco or cocoa colour....but happy with my choice of tobacco!




I wasn't able to take in any Boxing Day sales....but did do a bit of online shopping sales!  This tunic from Joe Fresh looks so cozy & warm....it will be great for lounging about with leggings or sleep pants.  It is available in red as shown or ivory....the ivory was sold out in my size. 

Bath and Body Works Canada was having a great after Christmas sale...I was able to order a few hand soaps, couple of candles and wall plug ins.  Shipping was not free...but for $10 it's cheaper than a trip to the mainland to shop in person....

The Christmas decor and tree are taken down and packed up for another year....thanks to Mr. Seventies. And that is about as much that has been done around our home,  No major snow fall yet...but it's just a matter of time....

It's good to be back...drop over to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.  I have a great deal of posts to catch up on there as well!

Till next time....


1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. Two weeks holed up is a looong time! Your mukluks look fabulous and I love the tobacco color! Hope Liesel feels better too and so happy to hear that you got your fridge! Yay! Take care over there my friend.

    ReplyDelete