Followers

Monday, January 23, 2023

Little Bit of an Update

I do apologize for not posting much lately....thought I would pop on and share what is going on.  A little background...without getting in too deep.  I am anemic...due to a couple of auto-immune conditions.  It has been determined, through numerous scopes and testings....my body does not absorb iron.  

I take an iron supplement daily....but every now and then...the ferritin blood protein that contains the iron level  will drop dangerously low.....along with the hemoglobin level. (which means you have a low red cell blood count (anemia).

When this happens, I tend to get very sick....and have a number of side effects.  After being so sick during Christmas....I really didn't need this...but such is life.

Treatment for anemia...are iron infusions...done at the hospital.  You would think, because I am an anemic patient these transfusions could be done routinely....but our hospital has changed its policies and protocols...so until your levels dip dangerously low...you are out of luck.  This is where you require an astute doctor...who is watching for your blood work results...and has moved them up to every eight weeks from twelve.

A "rush" order for a two hour infusion has been ordered...I'm hoping it will be within the next few days....and I will start feeling like my old self.  Lately....I move from the sofa...to the bed...and back again!



Today we are getting our first real taste of winter with snow, wind & freezing rain.  Schools are cancelled and a number of businesses have closed. 

When my fusion appointment is set...I'll take you guys along for the fun of it!  And I can't wait to get back to my old self....I miss being out and about!

I'll share over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you feel more energetic after your infusion. Winter is gloomy enough with being down from your normal self. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet words. It is gloomy enough without feeling so low! I know, once I'm feeling better I will be back to myself! Thank you for your good wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Charlotte - I am so sorry to hear this. And you are right in that its something you didn't need after being sick over Christmas. I do hope that there is some urgency to your appointment and that you feel better soon. Take care over there my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kim...for thinking of me. It's been a rough few weeks...but hopefully I'll be on the mend soon. Take care out there my friend!

    ReplyDelete