Followers

Thursday, March 7, 2024

I'm A Magazine Hoarder!!

There...I admitted it!!   I've been purchasing & reading these magazines for years.....I mean...years!!  The only reason I would part with one....would be if I bought it twice!!  It has happened..don't judge.

My favourites are Country Sampler & American Farmhouse Style....


You might ask where I store my issues.  See the two end tables & coffee table?  Full of magazines!  It absolutely causes me pain to part with one...or any issue!  Who would share my obsession with them?


Turns out a few people do!  When removing & laying down the new area rug....Mr. Seventies begged me to let go of a few magazines.  We spent a couple of hours sorting...putting them into three piles.  A give away pile, a maybe pile...and a definite must keep pile!

I ended up letting go of 217 magazines....some date back to 2001!  I advertised them on FB Marketplace - Free To A Good Home!  A sweet gal messaged & was over the moon to be getting them!  Said it made her day!  And that made my day!!

I couldn't have been happier to gift them to her!!  Kindred spirts she and I are!!  Silly of me...but I wanted them to go to someone who loves them as much as I do!!  And not casually toss them aside.  Mr. Seventies loaded three boxes of magazines in the trunk of her vehicle.  

I'm still resting my knee....at least I can put weight on my leg.  I haven't been out & about since late last week!  We currently are getting a mixed mess of precipitation...rain & freezing rain.  The had forecast a huge amount of snow...but that has since changed.  It's currently switched to rain!  And the winds are picking up.  We are forecast to have flurries over night...other parts of the Island will get the snow!


In other news...I was almost scammed!  My bank...claiming someone attempted to use my card in the UK.  He was such a good con man....the phone number that came up on the call...was the general inquiries number on the back of my card!  (which is for incoming calls to the bank...not outgoing-tip off #1).  

This "bank employee" requested my credit card number....and the expiration date. And there was a great deal of background chatter on his end.  (tip off#2).  I refused...and hung up.  For one nano second I almost believed him.  When asked what my security questions were...he claimed that was unnecessary. (tip off #3).   They so are.

He continued to call.....seven times!! (tip off #4).  I didn't answer & called the bank - they confirmed it was not them & wouldn't be calling me from the general inquiries number nor would they call seven times!  

There was no suspicious activity on my card....until yesterday.  Two charges showed up.... not mine.  Not large amounts...totalling about $40.  The bank reversed the charges, cancelled the card & issued  a new one.   These days you have to be on your toes!!

A true representation of spring on PEI...it's just another day on the calendar!



Hope you are having an awesome day!  Until next time.....







No comments:

Post a Comment