Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2024

My Thrift Finds

I admit thrifting is not for the faint at heart!  Especially when you are competing with "re-sellers" - those who buy items to sell for the profit.  That doesn't bother me...good for them.  It just means the stores are busier...and in one thrift store...inventory was really low...

The weather when I was out....was miserable.  Cold, wet with a mixture of snow flurries & rain.  I almost headed back home...as the parking lot was full.  But I was there....so decided to continue....

The first item to catch my eye....because it's pottery...was this tea pot.  I think the asking price is crazy....or is it just me?  Have prices doubled in your area?  


I scored an additional cutting board!!  I use cutting boards just about daily...and like having them within easy reach....


This one needed a good washing & sanitizing....and after a good rub down with oil....it's all ready for use...the handle makes it too tall to sit upright...but it works on its side...


And a few more pottery pieces...I've tried to remember to show the sticker prices....


It was discount day...so everything in the store was 30% off...I'm seeing quite a few pieces of fire king bowls and mugs lately....



The fire king bowl on the right won't last long in the store....


Look at this adorable mug!!  I thought it was a little planter...until I saw the handle!  Regret not getting it!


I found his cute little dish...to hold black & orange jellybeans at Halloween!


I also found this amazing, braided leather belt in new condition for $3.99!  It will pair perfect with the denim skirt I purchased...


I suspect this was someone's poor attempt at a dough bowl....could have worked except for one corner...


Look what I found!!  Do you think I bought it?   Don't tell Mr. Seventies....


I picked up this Tim Horton's limited edition mug....Mr. Seventies can enjoy his morning coffee.  Tim Horton's coffee shops are a Canadian staple...with locations everywhere!  While I'm not a coffee drinker...I do love the smell of it freshly brewed!!


I had an appointment later that day to add some spring colours to my nails!  I found a highly recommended nail salon...decided to give it a go!  I've had the same nail tech for over fifteen years....but tired of travelling to her spot outside the city.  I've been searching for a new salon....and after a few fails... I'm very happy to have found this new one!  



We had such strong winds the other night....strong enough to tear off one side of the gate on the pool deck...happy  it didn't break apart....Mr. Seventies will use stronger & longer screws to re-attach it...




And that is about all the goings on in my neck of the woods!  Sunny today....however we are a long way from spring here!!

Don't forget to comment to be entered into the draw!!   Til next time....





2 comments:

  1. The prices at thrift stores in our area have increased tremendously! Some prices are more than retail when the item was new. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I still like the thrill of the hunt though. It’s spring here in Texas. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy how they price things! And for more than the original selling price!! Please send me some of your spring weather!!

      Delete