Followers

Monday, March 25, 2024

It's Good To Be Me!!

I'm truly blessed & grateful for the love & joy in my life!  I had an excellent birthday week...celebrating with my family...


This raspberry filled lemon birthday cake....with mounds of cream cheese icing.....was delicious!!  It was ordered from the same amazing bakery that we like to visit a few miles from here....


We've heard so many positive things about air fryers...Mr. Seventies gifted me one!!  And a beautiful bouquet of tulips!  I'm on the fence about the fryer....as we don't eat a lot of the foods most people use it for...today will be our first time using it.    What are your thoughts & experiences with an air fryer?


I received a few gifts cards....and these items have been on my wish list for a while now....no better time to use them for a few things I'm wanting...

I was happy to come across adorable covers for Kitchen Aid mixers!  They are sold in both the 4 quart and 6 quart sizes.   Mine sits on my counter....Kitchen Aids are heavy so mine stays out permanently.. ...this cover is on order...and will keep it dust free....



I've been crushing on these kitchen appliances for some time now!  They come in various colours...but this yellow has me swooning!  Cannot wait for them to arrive...


The reviews on both pieces is excellent...I'm unfamiliar with the brand name...but think I will love how they work.  Daughter has been eyeing them as well...and added them to her wish list...


I was given gift cards to a couple of clothing stores...so have orders coming in!  Mr. Seventies reminded me I went through & purged my summer wardrobe late last fall....and it all went to goodwill!  Which is fine...saves me the hassle of having to go through it now....but I had forgotten I had purged already!!

The denim skirt I was struggling with to find in a suitable size arrived....and third time was a charm!!  It fits perfect!  I returned the second one I had ordered...since it was too tight...and I do need to breathe....

I'm on the lookout for a spring wreath for the front door.  Or I may hang a forsythia wreath from my stash.  We've had rain & wind the past few days....most of the snow is gone & we have crocus, tulips and daffodils poking up!

Join me later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!  

And tomorrow I'll be sharing at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays and https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Happy Hearts and Homes...

Drop over to learn about some amazing bloggers and share some love....

Til next time....




6 comments:

  1. Charlotte, happy belated birthday! I'm delighted to hear that you had a fabulous week; that cake looks delicious and the tulips are so pretty. Glad to hear that your weather is warming up too - nothing poking it's head up here as it's been very cold. I don't have an air fryer so I can't comment but oldest son does and he loves it. Happy to hear that you finally got your jean skirt. Happy Easter to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim!! The cake was amazing...but very, very rich! Hoping spring like weather reaches you soon! I decided to return the air fryer...I honestly don't think we'd use it. I know those who do, love it. I don't need another appliance taking up space in my cabinets or counter top. Have an awesome week my friend....

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like it’s been a good one. Those yellow appliances are so cool! I can see why you are swooning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle!! Aren't the yellow appliances gorgeous?

      Delete
  3. That cake looks incredible! Happy belated birthday. We have an air fryer that uses trays (not buckets) and we use it to cook all sorts of vegetables, potatoes, roasted chicken, pork chops, etc. Just about anything I'd bake in the oven we now make in our air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne - thank you for the birthday wishes! The cake was amazing - very rich though. I asked hubby to return the air fryer...I just couldn't see it as something we would use or need. I may regret it....but can always get one later if we change our mind. Happy Easter!!

      Delete