Monday, September 28, 2026

Hallowe'en In The Family Room

Happy last week of September!!  We did a bit of Hallowe'en decor in the family room....after a thorough room clean & area rug shampoo....we pulled the room back together.  We left the trunk/coffee table out because we are doing obedience with Clancy Mae....and with it gone, we have more room to work with her.

She is crushing it btw....has learned to come & sit already!!  I was surprised how quick she caught on....I truly thought it would be much more difficult.....but she is one smart pooch!!  We practice with her usually three times during the day.....short, quick sessions of 5-10 minutes each....the trainers are awesome...and it's so great they come to our home....they are impressed how quickly Clancy Mae learns....

She's rooting for a bone I suspect, in the bottom of her toy box....with the addition of new toys we may have to have a bigger storage box....


The latest haul from the thrift store....all for $1-$1.75 each....she still hasn't ripped anything apart...



I found this awesome sofa cover on Amazon....not only is it excellent quality....it stays in place & no need for a blanket to cover the cushions....the reviews state it washes well also....


It comes in a few colours and lengths .....I measured & required a 59" width & chose green.  I may order a second one to have on hand when this one requires washing.....




Once it turns dark, I turn candles & the ghosts on....


We spent some time at a local apple orchard & although our favourite variety, MacIntosh won't be ready for another 2-3 weeks.....we picked a bushel of Paula Reds....daughter & grand daughter were on hand to assist....son-in-law was reffing football & unable to join us....the weather was perfect for apple picking!!


While fresh applesauce was brewing away in the slow cooker.....Mr. Seventies requested an apple pie!!  Now it has been years.....years....since I've baked a pie!  Pretty happy with how it turned out....and it was delicious!!!! (if I say so myself) .......


I baked it at 375 degrees for about 50-55 minutes.....I will likely have to put together another one when this one is gone ......


The apple orchard also has pumpkins available....I'm a fan of these type...."Knuckleheads" they are typically known as....


 Someone can draw....there were a few that had various drawings on them.....I especially liked this one...

The pumpkins in our garden are maturing....it will be a couple more weeks until they start turning orange....and the buttercup squash will soon be ready.....just in time for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks....

I have an x-ray appointment at the hospital today....and have been referred to a hematologist....apparently something showed up in my recent bloodwork that requires further investigation....

Mr. Seventies & I took in the movie Heart of the Beast....Clancy Mae stayed with son-in-law for a couple of hours....quality time spent watching football....


Join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphosis Monday & again tomorrow at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays.....

Thanks so much for stopping by today.....

Til next time.....

4 comments:

  1. Clancy Mar will have obedience training done is no time. Praying it’s nothing serious with your blood work. 🙏 RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is doing really well with obedience....but she is a dachshund...lol! Thanks for your sweet prayers....fingers crossed -I should know more hopefully when I see a hematologist.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Charlotte, those ghosts are sooo cute! I'm so glad that Clancy Mae is doing well at her obedience classes - of course she's a smart pooch!! The apple pie looks amazing and I too, adore the "warty" pumpkins, although haven't seen many here yet. I'm off to the Saskatoon berry farm tomorrow so likely Saskatoon berry crisp for Thanksgiving - you can choose fresh-picked or frozen - both are good. Hope the hematologist visit turns out okay and take care over there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! Saskatoon berry farm sounds awesome....as does berry crisp!! I'll put together an apple crisp this weekend...since we have a basket of apples!! Thanks so much for the good wishes...I so appreciate them, my friend. Have a fantastic week!!

      Delete