Friday, October 9, 2026

Thanksgiving Weekend!!


 

So looking forward to sharing Thanksgiving & dinner with daughter & family & son-in-law's parents....going to be a feast!!

It was very windy here the other day....I noticed Miss Giddy Goose was missing from the step!  My first thought was she had been abducted!!  Thankfully, I found her....on her back... feet in the air off to the side of the step!  The wind caught her & sent her for a tumble....she is back in her rightful place now....


The pumpkins in our vegetable garden are ripe for the picking....grand daughter will pick out hers & we'll set one on the step this weekend....ready for carving....

We had a beautiful day to hit one of the trails, we saw this display on our way.....look at the pumpkins and how adorable are the bales of hay painted like a cow!!


The trees are just beginning to turn here.....this week & next they should be at their peek....long range forecast is calling for showers for a few days...... (of course it is)....


As we were walking a gaggle of geese were honking overhead....


And landed in a pond in a field beside the trail....it was fun to take a few minutes & watch them land...feet outstretched & surfing across the water....


This pond is designated a protected area....used for ducks & geese to nest and lay their eggs....isn't it peaceful??  Fish & Wildlife monitor the area...and hunting is forbidden....


I had an appointment with the dermatologist earlier in the week.....he removed a number of skin damaged areas on my face....with liquid nitrogen!  And yup...it hurt!  Now my face is a covered in sore, red & scabby patches....and did I mention sore?   Not attractive either....but necessary.  I won't gross you out with photos.....save that for the family members...lol.

My friend & I had an awesome day on the mainland....oh the traffic though!  Our last stop, before heading home was Costco!  Wow-it was crazy busy.....for a weekday....apparently the weekends are insane!  I don't get the whole Costco craze....but have many friends who love shopping there!  There is just the two of us & we don't need a 45 gallon drum of peanut butter!!  Daughter wanted a box of trail mix packages, I was able to get those for her......

I'll share next week some of the awesome things I came across...I picked up a few things....mainly just enjoyed the day!  Apparently a certain four legged redhead missed her Mama terribly while I was away....sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to come through the door!  She & her Dad did have a good day though.....a great walk & a few snuggles.   It's nice to be missed!

Wishing my fellow Canadians a wonderful & blessed Thanksgiving!  

Gobble til you wobble!

Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment