Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Family Room Christmas Tour

Welcome to our festive family room!  We love being in this room...with the warmth from the pellet wood stove it's a cozy room to curl up with a book or watch some tv.

Our quirky and fun Christmas tree is back again this year!!  I set my wooden Christmas dachshund from Inspired Living under the tree...awaiting Santa's arrival....


This precious tree ornament was given to me last year by my beloved friend...we're still coming to terms with her death last month.  These words have even more meaning now..."Your Wings Were Ready But My Heart Was Not".....


There are little touches of her in this room....the dachshund Christmas Countdown and adorable hand made coasters were also gifts from her...


Liesel has a brand new ornament on the tree this year.....


And this adorable ornament was sent to me last year...anonymously....and one year later I still have no idea who gifted me with it....and one for granddog Benson.  The only clue I could determine was they were mailed from Nova Scotia...and no one has ever claimed to have sent them.  A sweet Christmas mystery....


Remember the pink tree I purchased at Inspired Living?  I am so loving it...two little surprises...it is all one piece (the base is not separate)...and it operates by battery!!  



And adorable when turned on at night....


The stockings are hung...that is Liesel's on the left...it has the sweetest paw prints on the front...to establish that it is "her" stocking...so Santa Paws won't miss it...



One of my dachshund Christmas cushions...this one was purchased a few years back at Macy's on our way back from a trip to New York...


I placed some greenery, a few ornaments and a couple of sets of mini lights on the ledge...also where my nutcrackers are displayed...


The adorable Christmas dachshund cushion from Simons arrived just in time...


That pretty much completes Christmas in the family room.  There's touches in the master bedroom as well...I'll share tomorrow.  And I haven't done much in the kitchen yet...but hope to add a bit of cheer in there over the next few days.

A perfect photo op I had to take advantage of...so precious...just sitting there chillaxin'....




Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day with me!  Feel free to leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!









No comments:

Post a Comment