Followers

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Touches of Christmas-Master Bedroom

It's not looking much like Christmas here...rain and wet snow flurries in the forecast for the next few days...perhaps Sunday afternoon we might get the outside lights up.  The past two evenings have been beautiful...great walks with Liesel around the neighbourhood to check out homes decorated for the holidays.  It's. my favourite way to see the lights and outside decor...

I put a few touches in the master bedroom....and love my dachshund holiday quilt set...and who doesn't love a faux fur comforter?  Especially when the nights cool down...as they have been the last few weeks....


This is where the adorable gnome found a home...and we've had our knitted Canada Christmas stockings for years....but I prefer to use them as decor rather than as actual socks for Santa to fill....we have moved on to canvas holiday sacks for that!


A holiday wreath replaces the floral one this time of year....


Even Liesel's night time digs gets festive...with a couple of snuggly Christmas throws....I plan to attach a small wreath to the outside door of her crate....this is her happy place...her bedtime ritual includes one last potty break...then she races to her crate...where a treat filled kong is waiting for her! As well as a kibble snack...you know...for when those midnight munchies hit....


I still have not done Christmas decor in the kitchen...hope to put out a few things this weekend.  I have a couple of jars to fill with candy....those are Mr. Seventies favourite decorations....

Liesel and I took advantage of the great weather the past few days and went out and about Christmas shopping....this looks says "Mama you know how much I hate to shop!"....*sigh*...where did I go wrong?


All was forgiven when she playfully watched this silly dancing, singing Christmas tree...and no....I didn't buy it for her.....


I did however pick up this adorable sweater for her.  I mean...she will make a cute reindeer...an early Christmas present....


We continued on...and came across a gnome of all gnomes!!   This guy is huge...stuffed and heavy....but so festive!


At another store...I saw this picture...love the book the guy is reading....


And I was crushing so hard on this next one...if only I had some place to hang it...very true and powerful message...not to mention the old truck and log cabin...


These guys really creeped me out...so real...I had to poke one!  Not sure if they were a store display or for sale...we moved on since Liesel was barking at them....


And with that we concluded our shopping expedition...and were quite successful.  This evening my daughter, along with a friend and her daughter are meeting for dinner before taking in the interior designer's Christmas decor show.  We attended last year...I wasn't able to get great photos...so will see how I can do this year.  A draw will be made and one lucky attendee will receive a fully decorated Christmas tree done by the designer.  I've already assured daughter if Mama wins...the tree and decorations are hers.

Next week, the same designer hosts the Christmas house tours!  We will be attending...a local bus company will shuttle us around to the various homes...hot drinks and snacks included!  Tickets for these tours, I think I mentioned in a previous post...sold out in five minutes!  While people were checking out on line....the tours sold out!  I was very lucky to snag two tickets!  They went on sale one morning at 9:00 a.m. and by 9:05 a.m. had completely sold out.  That's four bus loads of lucky participants!  Each bus leaves at a different time...

Lots of events to look forward to.  Next month Mr. Seventies & I are taking in an evening Christmas concert, two favourite Canadian country singers are playing...it should be an awesome evening!  This concert may have sold out as well.  

In the meantime, have a great day wherever you are!  








No comments:

Post a Comment