Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2019

It's Been One of Those Weeks!!


I know we've all had them!  And I've certainly survived much worse...it's been a week!   I mentioned in my previous post I attended an ultra sound with my daughter...and I've tried everything to upload the video I took...but to no avail...wish I could share it with everyone.

My daughter received a call from her OBGYN and the radiologist recommends another ultra sound be performed at the IWK in Halifax....while we have been assured there is nothing to panic about..it is still un-nerving...especially to baby girl's anxious parents.  If the situation were an emergency...Mom and baby would be sent to the IWK immediately...the Doctor assures us these measures are merely a precaution and he is just looking out for our precious girl.  And that is his job, right?  He is an amazing OBGYN...most expectant Moms here do not even see an OGGYN until late stages in their pregnancy...and are under the care of nurse practitioners.  Our daughter has been under his care since day one...we are very grateful for that.  We are confident everything will turn out just fine...and likely will travel to the IWK in Halifax in January.  

And...my daughter had her wallet stolen...from her office at work!!  Unlike her usual pattern, she did have cash...which of course was taken....and her walled dumped in a Canada Post bin near by.  The postal driver brought her wallet to her.  No credit or debit cards were stolen...but a couple of important cards were missing.  The police were called & a report filed, all cards were cancelled..and the proper agencies alerted as to what cards were missing.  While upsetting...it was only money...which can be replaced.  The sad part is...it was likely a co-worker...and sadly she is required to keep her office locked when she is not there.   

The arthritis in my knee flared up a bit this week....I attended physio yesterday...and it feels better today.  Trying to stay out of the orthosurgeon's OR...I see him in April.  Physio has been my saving grace and has allowed me to walk and live in relative comfort.  I'm bound to have good days and bad days...that's the nature of osteoarthritis.

In happier news...Mr Seventies has been working on my cabinet...and from what I hear...it is looking amazing!  (I haven't ventured up to the workshop to see it...hope to do that this evening or tomorrow).  He reports Fusion Mineral paint is awesome to work with!  The company advised not to use a wax or oil on the cabinet once it is finished...it will be durable just as it is.

So..that has been my week in a nutshell!!  How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment