Followers

Friday, December 13, 2019

Corner Cabinet Picked Up

Since Mr Seventies was available yesterday...we chose to pick up the cabinet...although it was extremely windy and bitter cold!  We bundled up Liesel in her car seat...I was a bit concerned we may not have had room for her and the cabinet....but everything worked out fine.  Mr. Seventies reports it is heavy and solid wood..which is perfect...he and our awesome neighbour took it to our other neighbour's workshop last evening....and here she is...


Truth be told..I haven't had an opportunity to see it yet....I was tending to Liesel when it was loaded in the SUV...and not present when they moved it to the workshop.  Alan, our neighbour took the photo for me once they had it placed in the shop...and today I will drop in and check it out.

My tentative plans are to remove that top piece with the finial....and see how it looks.  I can have a new crown moulding put in its place....and also the decorative pieces on the glass doors are removable Mr. Seventies reports.  And they will be removed...for clear vision into the cabinet.  New drawer pulls and the bottom doors are missing handles or knobs....so will look for a couple of those.

My tentative plans are to first give it a good wipe down....inside and out with TSP and water...to rinse off any dust, dirt and grease.  And then decide on which type of paint to use...if priming will be needed or not...Fusion Mineral Paint might be a good choice.   In black...with a bit of distressing..and a couple of coats of buttery wax buffed on for protection.  I need to speak with the paint retailer to see if Fusion paint is a suitable fit....or if one of the many other paint lines may work better.  I've used milk paint before...had great success...but still tossing ideas around in my head.

The other thing I need to check into is cabinet lighting...there are a number of options out there...and I want the lighting to be soft....

This is a great project for Mr. Seventies to work on over the Christmas break!  Not sure he was looking for one...lol...but he does enjoy doing things like this.  Good thing...eh?

Lots of rain and wind coming here tomorrow...have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment