Followers

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

So This Happened



Remember back around Hallowe'en I won a contest from an antique/junk shop....a $50 gift certificate to the store.  You shared your favourite Hallowe'en photo....and mine was Liesel in her Daisy Duck costume!  So...really she is the winner...I guess.

For a while now...I have been wanting a cabinet to store my vast collection of Mason's Pink Vista stoneware...(which looks like this)...this is a stock photo of the soup tureen....which I don't have...yet. I do have a huge collection of pieces....a complete 8 piece place settings, coffee & tea pots, serving platters & bowls, jugs and more than I can remember.    And sadly have them stored in the cupboards...when I would love to be able to display them....and someday own this large tureen...and matching ladle...


I put my $50 certificate towards the above corner cabinet....now it's not going to look like that when it's refinished.  Mr. Seventies plans to take it to our neighbour's heated workshop and transform it for me. Definately leaning towards painting it black....distressed a bit....new handles on the drawer....something like this....


And I haven't decided about the doors....they will be glass...just not sure if I will keep the original detail or the finial top.....I'll know more when I get a "feel" for the piece when we get it in the shop.  And...our neighbour and friend....just happens to be a finish carpenter...so he may have some ideas as well and can pretty much make it look however I want.   

Will have lights inside the cabinet...so it can be lit at night for display.

So..a little project for Mr. Seventies.  I'm so happy I get to bring out my stoneware and have it displayed....each piece has been gifted to me...even one of the place settings was a going away gift when I switched departments before I retired.

Little story how I started collecting Masons's....I was working in the downtown area of the city and coming back from lunch....I saw this most beautiful collection of dinnerware in the window of a shop (which has long since closed).  I was so excited....I stopped by Mr. Seventies office and declared I found the most beautiful dishes I wanted to collect!  And the rest is history....thus began my love affair with Mason's Pink Vista.  It is still in production today....a few of my pieces are really old....but most are newer.

So, now that I have a cabinet to store them....I am on the hunt for the stunning soup tureen and ladle!




No comments:

Post a Comment