Followers

Monday, December 23, 2019

Cabinet Update

I stopped into the workshop a couple of days ago to check on the progress of the cabinet...and I am so happy how it is looking!!  Mr. Seventies reported the Fusion Mineral Paint is the best paint he has worked with....which is great to hear!  To recap....this is the cabinet before...it has good bones...solid wood....


After removing the top finial piece, doors and drawer everything was wiped down with a mixture of TSP and water....as recommended on the Fusion paint bottle....the interior...and love that there are plate grooves!



This is after one coat of paint...amazing coverage!!


Such a huge difference removing the top decorative finial piece...and can you believe this is just one coat?  I was messaging with a Fusion rep inquiring about a wax or hemp oil finish coat and was advised not to put one on, especially if the matte finish is what I was going for (and it is).  Once the paint cures (takes about two weeks)....it is super durable.  That works for me!!



How awesome is the shape of the drawer?  


The top doors (just one pictured here) ....minus the glass...and the decorative removable swirls....(were a light metal....and won't be put back in although I thought for a minute about spray painting them off white...but think they make things too busy...)




Mr. Seventies filled and sanded the previous door and drawer pulls.....one of the bottom doors....sorry for the terrible lighting...but you get the idea..


We visited a couple of hardware stores...and I found cap drawer pulls with matching door knobs....without taking them out of the packages and risk losing the screws...this is the finish we chose...and it's actually a bit lighter in person...more of the polished silver showing through....most were either really dark...brass or chrome....not the look I was going for....



It will be after the holidays before we transport the cabinet home and set it in place....cannot wait to see my dish ware in it!  I decided against installing lighting...for a couple of reasons.  First one being...any I found were ugly and secondly would need to be hard wired.  More work and mess than I wanted to do with the cabinet....and how often will I really have the lights on?  My guess is next to never...so unlit it will remain!

In other news....I obtained another Gripstand bowl for an amazing price...and it now makes eight in my collection!!  This one is manufactured in England as well....gotta love Facebook Marketplace!!



We had about 5cm of the white stuff fall last night...so it just might be a white Christmas after all..unless it melts away in the mean time!  

Our turkey is thawing in the fridge...we missed out on Thanksgiving turkey dinner...since we were away in NB that weekend...looking forward to turkey and all the fixings in a couple of days! We have some last minute errands to run and meeting a group of friends at a local pub later for some holiday food and cheer!  

Enjoy your day wherever you are today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment