Followers

Monday, November 30, 2020

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas

 It's only 25 days til the big day!!  It seems to come upon us quicker each year...but what a year 2020 has been!  

We decided to put our tree in the upstairs family room...for a number of reasons.  We seldom use the lower level room...unless there is a power outage..the propane stove heats without electricity.  Not to mention...Liesel...having short little legs...is not able to do stairs..so in addition to continually carrying her up and down the steps..along with my laptop, mug of tea and whatever ever else I need at the time...we quickly decided to set the tree upstairs.  We were required to move one end table...so that wasn't soon ordeal....

And I would miss the fireplace...Liesel is currently curled up on the white faux fur rug...enjoying a warm fire...




It might be hard to tell...but I did downsize my Christmas cushion collection...and I'm obsessed with my battery operated pink tree!  


And my base cover looks amazing...so happy I was able to pick it up for one quarter of the original price! I feel the shops here are a couple of years behind the times...when I was searching for a top had tree topper...there were none to be found!  I discovered this one at Pier One a couple of years ago in New Brunswick (so miss Pier 1)...now...I see them in home decor stores here!  Either I'm ahead of the game...or they are behind...



Liesel's favourite spot to sit on the back of the love seat and watch the world go by.  Which is fine...until she starts barking at every.....little...thing...so that no longer works.  I didn't mind laying a throw across the cushions for her to lay on...but she cannot control her yapper...



My snuggle spot...this is where I'm currently perched..with my cup of tea...



And my beautiful Willow Tree nativity set...my cabinet is the perfect place to display it...I wish I had picked up that angel with the copper lantern at the thrift store...I may visit it again...it might still be there.  When my daughter and I were in the Hallmark store last week...I checked out the creche that accompanies my set...but it's over $350!  And for me to pay that price...I'd have to love it a lot!  And I don't...it's large and cumbersome and if it ever fell over and broke a figurine or two...I would be heartbroken.  So...leaving it as is...


That's is...the sum total of our family room...all decked out for Christmas!  Last evening...with a full moon...was a beautiful night to harness up Liesel and walk the neighbourhood and admire the beautiful Christmas lights!  We love doing that...as opposed to seeing them through a windshield.

The annual Santa Claus parade is being done differently this year...it is travelling various routes in the city...and on Friday evening...it will pass right by our house!  We hope it's a nice enough evening (since it starts at 5:30 p.m.)...to sit out with our neighbours in a couple of lawn chairs and hot chocolate!  Otherwise...we will sit in our vehicle and watch as it goes by!

Unfortunately, it will be past grand baby's bed time...so she won't be able to watch the pretty lights and floats...but hopefully next year the world will right itself..and we can watch the parade along a city street!










No comments:

Post a Comment