Followers

Monday, November 16, 2020

Whose Ready To Decorate For Christmas?

 I suspect with all the craziness going on currently in our world...the reason many are chasing to decorate inside and outside their homes this year!  The mild weather we embraced last week had many people putting up outdoor lights and decor...those are smart people!  Mr. Seventies says it doesn't feel like Christmas unless your are freezing your extremities off putting up outdoor lights!! 

There's a back story to that...when I was a child..my Dad would wait until bone freezing temperatures to put up the outdoor lights.  Back then...they were coloured lights...which had to be in a certain order....red, blue, yellow, green....then red, blue, yellow...and so on.  One particularly frigid Saturday...while Dad was putting up lights (of course they were lit...so see if any had blown out...why this wasn't done inside...beforehand...as a child...I was not one to question).  As he struggled..not only to stay on the ladder....but get them attached to the house...my Mom demanded I go outside and inform my Dad he had two blue lights together...and that needed to be remedied!  Yah...that worked out well.  Mr. Seventies still chuckles about that...as he knew my Mom and Dad in the early years of our dating and marriage.  

That's not to say we don't have a couple of Clarke Griswold moments decorating outside ourselves.  One particular year comes to mind when Mr. Seventies was putting lights on the tree near our large window,  It's early evening...dark...snow on the ground...and while daughter and I are there for assistance (or comical relief)...we watch...as Mr. Seventies loses his balance...and falls into the tree.  I swear it happened in slow motion...the ladder fell sideways...and he was left hanging...clutching to the tree for dear life.  Where were daughter and I?  On the ground...unable to breathe...laughing hysterically!!  It took us a few minutes (and a few choice words from Mr. Seventies) to gain our composure...and come to his assistance.  It was one of those moments where you wish you had video...

Sorry to digress there...we haven't started decorating yet...but I'm pretty certain I'm going to be needed one or two of these cute fellows!!   Serious Santa vibes going on.  And the heads and mittens can be kept and used each year...I'm sure at least one will be coming home with me!




I've been debating whether I've wanted a Christmas tree collar...I've seen everything used from baskets to metal tubs to even an old wheelbarrow!  I found this one at Michael's...regular price $69.99.  Now I wasn't about to pay anywhere near that...so when it came on sale for 40% off...that weighed in on my decision.  And of course...and additional 10% off...(Senior's discount & all)...plus I discovered a Michaels gift card in my wallet...apparently a gift from last Christmas!  I took that as a sign this collar was meant to be mine...and when all was said and done...I paid around $18.00 for it!   It's going to look awesome around the base of our tree...not to mention hide the base!

I popped into a couple of home decor stores last week...it was so busy...traffic was insane...so I didn't stay too long.  I picked this up for a certain doxie Mama...great to use for when she goes back to work...a water bottle/travel mug combo...



They keep tempting me with cushions...it's like they know my Achilles heel!  Daughter is looking for Christmas cushion covers...not cushions...but I was tempted to pick this up for her!  But Mama had a couple of covers to spare...and share...




This tray is not only adorable...but so functional for finger foods, spring rolls, cheeses and snacks...and the little center has a place to store toothpicks!  Such a great festive piece!


That is about as long as I stayed in the store...there was a maximum of people allowed in...and social distancing was becoming increasingly more difficult...and I can go to the stores during days when they are less busy.  There happened to be no school Thursday or Friday of last week...so it was busier in the city...

Liesel has her annual check up today...with a whole new veterinarian and veterinary clinic!  The clinic and veterinarian we have been going to for the last umpteen years...has sold the clinic and is retiring!  When we previously had three little rescue dachshunds...it seemed we were at the veterinarian at least weekly with one of them!  We had a great relationship with not only our vet..but his staff and technicians.  Now...we never see the same people twice!  Thankfully, over the past six years...Liesel has been very healthy...with just a couple of minor issues...and has undergone a dental cleaning yearly. But times...as they say...are a changing. 

After much consultation with other animal owners...and vet technicians...we decided to switch clinics..another reason being location.  The new clinic is in the heart of the city...as opposed to the other one being further distance.  It worked well when my office was located across the street from our former clinic.  We also have a clinic within walking distance to our home...but I prefer a clinic that comes highly recommended...so we booked our appointment...and Liesel gets to meet her new veterinarian Dr. Mokler today (and I hear she is amazing).  There are sixteen veterinarians at this clinic...some deal with small animals only....others larger ones.  Fingers crossed it is all we hope it to be.  The gal I booked the appointment with was super friendly...and answered all my questions...and Liesel's records will be transferred to their clinic....as I requested.

I've almost finished my Christmas shopping!  Of course that doesn't mean I won't be out there in other people's way...just because I can.  Actually...with a second wave of Covid on the horizon...I'm keeping fingers crossed we won't go into another lockdown.  Getting things done in the event that happens...and taking every precaution in the meantime. 

That's a wrap for today!   And speaking of wrap...wrapping is next on my agenda!  That way...I forgot what I purchased...and it's a surprise to me on Christmas morning as well!!  

Have a great day all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment