Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

What A Wienerful World!!

 I did a little bit of Christmas decor in the master bedroom...not a whole lot...as I'm attempting to purge and downsize a bit.  I have purchased nothing new this year...in the line of Christmas decor...but rather use what I have...and in my mind...it's less clutter...

I apologize for the photo quality...the sun was gorgeous this day...and I didn't want to close the shutters and block all that gorgeous warmth & light.  The faux fur shams and spread at the end of the bed were from Bed Bath & Beyond a few years back...the  set also pairs well with a red & white toile quilt set I have.  But...since it's the holiday season...I chose to use my Christmas dachshund quilt set.  The faux fur red throw...I think was an Amazon purchase last year...



The Santa hat dachshund..moves and sings "Low Rider"...drives Liesel insane...she barks and wants to play with it...the cute Black and Tan stuffed doxie was probably one of the first plush ones I received...there are some I can't part with...the square Santa doxie cushion was a gift from a friend in New Brunswick...the other I ordered a couple of years ago from Simons.  We don't use the Canada knitted stockings..they are keepsakes...along with matching mittens...



A great spot for this wreath...and a couple of my nutcrackers I purchased last year...I placed on the dresser.


And that is about all for the master bedroom Christmas decor...as I've mentioned many times before...the bedrooms in this Seventies Split are small...if Liesel's night time crate was not sitting next to the dresser on the floor...I would put a slender tree in this corner...would be so pretty at night lit up!  But girl needs warm & cozy sleeping quarters close to us...so I'm okay with her having her own space.  She's happy...makes me happy.

Finally...after two days of high winds...and rain...today is looking like a cool but decent day.  Mr. Seventies hopes to finish sanding the toolbox (the inside left to finish)...and then apply a couple of coats of stain.  I'm excited to get it filled and place it on the kitchen table...since I've downsized the Christmas decor in the kitchen as well....

Liesel has a spa treatment today.  In other news, we have switched to a new vet clinic...after going to the same clinic for almost 20 years.  Our veterinarian is retiring and sold his clinic...and while we are sad to say goodbye..the location of the clinic accompanied with the loss of connection we had there prompted us to make a move to a new clinic. 

After much thought and consultation with friends....we chose a new clinic...with amazing recommendations for a couple of veterinarians.  We chose Dr. Jody Mokler...she is part of a small animal clinic at a clinic in the city (there are also large animal veterinarians as well)...and as nervous and stressed out as Liesel was...we couldn't be more thrilled with our new vet!  She is amazing....she took time to get to know Liesel as well as spend a great deal of time talking with me.  Her vast knowledge of the dachshund breed was much appreciated...and I felt instantly at ease.  

Liesel received a first rate examination...and I'm happy to report she is in excellent health, weight and condition. Her teeth are beautiful...no need for a dental cleaning at this time...we will continue home care dental brushing.  One vaccination was required...for kennel cough...as Liesel does visit a groomer.  Even then...spread of disease is low key...as her groomer attends to one dog at a time...there are never other dog present.  It's one on one dog grooming...and Liesel has built up a trust with Tracy...her groomer.  It's very important to us that Liesel receives the best of care...she is a much loved member of our family. 

I'll have a few more Christmas decor room posts in the upcoming days...can you believe one month from today is Christmas!!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment