Followers

Thursday, November 5, 2020

This and That...and Other Things...

A bit of wintery weather here this week...chilly temps, cold winds...and a light dusting of snow.  Typical November weather for us..

The new cooktop has been ordered...and as expected it won't be arriving until the end of the month.  No big deal..we can manage with three burners until then...

I'm excited to pick up a copy of this book...written by two characters from my favourite tv series Outlander!  There is also a television show "Men In Kilts"...due out in a couple of months.  Until then..they have written a book...about their travels around Scotland...and seriously...who doesn't love men in kilts?  Must be my Scottish heritage...so picking this up at the bookstore...it was released on November 3rd. 




I spent some time packing up the fall decor from my cabinet...giving it a good dusting..and decided to showcase a few of my dachshund items...and this is just the tip of the iceberg...also a good spot to share my wire dachshund cushion...in honour of Liesel...



An up close look at one of the shelves...Mr. Seventies collected all the dachshund plates on the first and second shelves...there were eight in the series...then they added an additional four...I've placed ten in my cabinet.  They range from smooth dachshunds...long hair and wire dachshunds...and mean everything to me..


The frame in the centre holds a black and white photo of Liesel..the bottom shelf displays dachshund dinnerware...only one set is on display...the other set is at my daughter's home.  When grand baby is old enough they will invest in a cabinet and can display breakables then...

I've discovered Poshmark!  (the Canadian site)...have been pleased with the two purchases I have made so far...

I've been needing a pair of rain boots...these are brand new from the seller...originally from Mark's Work Wearhouse...I paid a mere $20 for them (shipping was free that day)...they are really cute and comfortable...


And as you can see the tags were still on this leather hand bag...somedays I just need a larger bag...and this one fit the bill...I'm not a fan of the leather tassel...but do not want to ruin the bag by cutting it off...so I will learn to live with it.  I'm not the fringe/tassel type....on anything...



And I sorely needed a rain jacket...the colour of this Columbia jacket is just so pretty...it has a lining and fits beautifully....(Amazon)...it's a pretty dark pink/rose colour...the sleeves have velcro closing..and it zips with ease every time.  I have no patience for a zipper that is constantly getting caught or stuck...





Tomorrow is Mr. Seventies birthday!  We'll be having a celebration at our daughter & son-in-law's home...I cannot wait to share his cake I've ordered!  My son-in-law is picking it up today...the previous place where I used to order amazing cakes from...sold..at the start of Covid!   My daughter in Nova Scotia has a friend who makes the most incredible cakes...but it's not feasible to order from her...so I had to look around for a new baker!  Fingers crossed the cake is not only incredible..but tastes delicious!

No word from the gutter replacement company...but it's only been four months waiting...(sarcasm)...they were supposed to show up last week.  With all the construction going on here...work is plentiful.  So...we wait....

Going to be out and about today...one major road is closed...and traffic was backed up yesterday for over an hour coming into the city from where my daughter lives.  She & grand baby had an appointment..and it took 50 minutes during the morning commute to get through...today we will take alternate routes and go late morning/early afternoon.  People joke because we are relatively small Island...but our roads are not equipped for the amount of traffic we have.  Where it used to take me ten minutes to get to....now is about thirty minutes...time spent sitting at intersections and lights. But it is what it is...

Wishing you a great day where ever you are today!!





No comments:

Post a Comment