Followers

Monday, November 9, 2020

Monday Catch Up

 Happy Monday!!   I hope everyone had a great weekend...we celebrated Mr. Seventies birthday..and it was a milestone one at that!  He loved his cake again this year...depicts him perfectly!  Sitting amongst his flowers..with a cup of coffee...enjoying the outdoors!  I forgot to have a small dachshund placed on his knee...but we were still enjoyed his cake.  We had a delicious meal of pizza and garlic fingers...and he received thoughtful gifts and phone calls to wish him well...



I was out and about..scouting some gorgeous Christmas decor...and as always couldn't resist checking out the decor cushions...and again I was able to resist.  Almost like I'm tempting fate...



Crushing hard on this one...anything with a truck..gets me..my Dad had a truck...brings back warm memories...


I thought these lamps were beautiful...and available in a couple of gorgeous colours...



So pretty on bedside tables...or anywhere a touch of light is required...




Love these plush dachshunds..available in two sizes and colours.  I didn't purchase any...I have a collection of them...and some I've passed on to my daughter already....but oh so cute!



I came across this adorable tree ornament...and since a certain precious grand baby is celebrating her first Christmas this year...I picked it up as a keepsake.... she hopefully will have for many years to come.
One year ago this day we learned she was a beautiful baby girl!  So much excitement at that reveal!
She is required to travel to the IWK  (where her heart surgery was performed) for a check up this week...




We are beginning to look like new parents ourselves...we have a playpen, round saucer for her to sit it...and now a base to her car seat is in the works to be installed in our SUV!  It does make it easier though than having to haul all her baby gear back & forth...and babies come with a lot of "stuff"!

And....my tart obsession continues!  Blame it on Covid...for months...in lockdown...very few were in stock....so I've been hoarding....I pick up a pack or two when I'm in Wal Mart...



And delicious new scents available!  Finally.  The Pecan Waffles smells a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!
Actually they are all heavily scented...which makes me very happy!!


For the past few years...a local interior designer has been hosting a Christmas Decor & Trends night of fun & food!  (last year we enjoyed house tours as well..). With Covid...it looked like the event was going to be viral.  But...it is going ahead..in person..with all Covid protocols in place.  Tickets are limited...the venue has changed...and limited tickets will be available only sold in batches of five.  There will be tables set up...accommodating five people...and each table will be six feet apart.  And screens will be set up so everyone will have a good view of what is being shown.  And we will wear masks until we are seated.  

My daughter, myself, a dear friend, her daughter & daughter-in-law...are planning to enjoy dinner at a local restaurant...then make our way to the event!  We will make up five for one table!  So happy to have this event...some Christmas joy put back into an otherwise stressful year!  A few craft sales are able to be held...of course following all the rules...but I think I will forgo them this year.  

Overcast and very mild here today!  Mr. Seventies built a hand rail over the weekend on the steps leading from the pool deck to the back yard.  Liesel usually zooms down her ramp while I navigate the steps...and a hand rail will provide a bit of stability especially during the winter months.  Something for me to hang on to...after a bit of snow & ice last week...I'm a bit timid without having a hand rail.  Now it works great for me!

Have an awesome day wherever you are today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment