Followers

Monday, March 20, 2023

My Birthday Week!!

Tomorrow is my birthday!  Birthdays seem to come around every six months, don't they?  Especially when you get older!!



The original plan was to celebrate with daughter & family tomorrow.....sadly our son-in-law's aunt passed away....her services are being held tomorrow.  Fully understand...."festivities" have been moved to Saturday!   Daughter in Nova Scotia has sent a parcel for me....it is idling on the kitchen table...tempting to tear into it...but will restrain until the weekend!

And...it's officially "spring"!  Which means nothing....other than a day on the calendar...at least where we live!  Currently it's -5 and windy....so not "spring" like at all.  We don't feel winter is officially over until about May...even then we've had snow storms then too!

We spent an afternoon with grand baby....taking her around to a couple of parks...but other than slides....she is still too small for most things at play grounds.  And swings...taken in for winter....are still packed away.  But she and Grampie had a fun time on the slides....


Climbing is fun too!!



And we even found a teeter-totter!  She had a great time!  To hear her giggle & laugh makes my heart full of joy....


We finished off the afternoon with a takeout pizza from Domino's to share with her parents....and rumour has it - she was ready for bed early!   Nothing like fresh air...even if it was cool & brisk!

I'm heading back to the hospital this week for another iron infusion....one of two I'll be undergoing.  Can't seem to get my iron levels up.  I am anemic...caused by an auto-immune disease that prevents my body from absorbing iron.  The Dr. has to keep a close eye on my levels....although it's evident in how I'm feeling.  Sometimes though my levels drop dangerously low....as they are now....and a blood transfusion may be required in the future I've been advised. 

Such is life!  Grandbaby's birthday is coming up fast upon us....as well as Easter!  We are looking forward to those celebrations....and dreaming of warmer days and being able to get outside and get into spring clean up!!

Thanks so much for spending time with me today.  I hope you have an amazing day...and it's Monday!!  And that means we'll be joining the blog party at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday.




6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Charlotte - hope you get to drag out the celebration as long as possible! What a fun time with your granddaughter! Thanks for sharing the fun, and good luck at the hospital. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes!! We have a great time with our little granddaughter!! I'm hoping all goes well at the hospital too...sincere thanks for your sweet words! Hope to hear from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday week Charlotte and I hope your day is extra special. Looks like you had a great day with the grand baby and happy upcoming birthday to her as well! I hope your iron infusion goes well and you can avoid the blood transfusion - that does not sound like fun. Take care over there my friend and happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim! Not feeling much like spring here!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Praying all goes well with your infusion and your iron level will return to normal. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your good wishes...so greatly appreciated! Have an awesome week!!

      Delete