Followers

Monday, March 13, 2023

Trip To The Seed Store

Normally we wait a few more weeks to make our annual trek to Vesey's Seeds....but last year things sold old quickly....so we decided to go a few weeks earlier.  Not that we are anywhere near garden season....especially with a snow storm forecast for mid week....


 The store has been fully renovated on the inside....everything has been moved...but Mr. Seventies was able to pick up the stash of seeds he wanted...


The gift section of the store has been downsized considerably!  It didn't come as a huge shock...as beautiful as everything was....it was overpriced....in my opinion.  But I still enjoyed browsing about...and I adore these fish tail mugs!!


And had a chuckle when I showed Mr. Seventies this mug....


A couple of pretty ceramic tea pots....crushing on the green one....



I picked up this cute little pitcher...my friend is really into dragon flys!!  She made a beaded one for me and it hangs in one of the kitchen windows....


And this truck...well...I do love trucks!  But it came with a hefty price tag...


This beautiful make up bag was on clearance....and I love cardinals!  Sadly, we never see them around our home...maybe some day they will visit....



And this pig watering can...I could see being used to hold kitchen utensils...but that is just me.  I would think water would cause it to rust....I suspect it is best suited for decor purposes....


And garden flags to no end!  Again....over priced...but this one is my favourite....


I'm a lover of all things Canadian...but not a fan of Cour mats!  But if I was...this would be the one I would have.   I have no place to put one outside where it wouldn't get soaked in the elements....


It was fun to browse around and see all the beautiful decor pieces....while Mr. Seventies went through his list of required seeds.

I'm very happy to report daughter's curtain panels drama...has come to a close!  I dropped the panels off to an amazing local seamstress (who makes curtains...she is my new go to lady).   One panel required shortening about  1 1/2".....and the other panel had not been properly serged or hemmed on one side.    But here they are....properly sewn, hemmed and hung to perfection!  Only took three months or more!!


A bit of a close up of the fabric....it has a linen quality feel...and is really quite beautiful up close...and neutral colour just as my daughter wanted....minus any tassels on the sides and bottoms....




And since it's Monday join me over at at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.

Thanks so much for stopping by.....I so appreciate you spending time with me.  I may have some storm pics to share mid week....depending on how much of a storm we get.  Both Mr. Seventies and I are trying to get head colds cleared up!   It's been a bugger of a winter on us....health wise.  We've been able to walk with Liesel on sunny days...but as always we have a cool north wind breeze accompanying us...keeping it cool. 

Till next time!!








1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - you find the cutest things when you are out and about! The dragonfly pitcher is adorable. I know I wouldn't have been able to resist it (I love dragonflies too) and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it! I suspect the truck would have come home with me too lol. The cardinal makeup bag is so pretty - we don't many of them here either sadly. Glad that your daughter's curtains ordeal is over and glad to hear that you are feeling better. Happy Monday my friend!

    ReplyDelete