Followers

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Touch of Spring

Ok...I know I'm pushing it...actual spring here is about sixteen to eighteen weeks away.  Contrary to what the calendar in March says.  The last couple of days have been sunny and not real cold...with a couple of snow systems expected the end of the week.

So...I've been missing some pretty florals and since our tulips are a long way off from making an appearance...I did the next best thing!  I bought them...


A woman's got to do what a woman's got to do!  Aren't they so pretty?  Just the pick me up needed!


The mural in baby girl's nursery is going to be painted on February 15th (the 22nd. being the storm date).  Just to refresh your memory....it will look something like this...with a few modifications.  The dachshund will be Black and Tan (like big brother Benson)...and the star will be pink!  And whatever suggestions or ideas Martina (my friend and artist) has. This is the inspiration photo 
(I think it's actually wall covering...not actual paint).   This is going to be so cute!!


Mr. Seventies and I were chatting the other day and he stated how much he missed having homemade beans!  As do I.  Since they are full of iron...but high in sugar (molasses and brown sugar)...I have not made a batch in over four years!  Well...what the heck!  Life is too short to deny yourself a simple pleasure now and then...so today...we're going to enjoy baked beans!!  Growing up they were a staple every Saturday evening, during the winter months...with home made rolls or bread!  After an afternoon of outdoor ice skating...arriving home to the smells of a delicious supper....made the walk home from the skating rink that much quicker!  

Now, I'm not making home made rolls or bread...although I could do a loaf of whole wheat bread...in the bread machine...I chose to pick up a dozen fresh baked whole wheat rolls at the bake shop.  

Liesel and I plan to bundle up and get out for an afternoon walk....before more snow fills the sidewalks on Thursday and Friday.  

Hope you enjoy your day as well!!




No comments:

Post a Comment