Followers

Friday, February 21, 2020

Cold End To The Week

We've had some brutal wind chills the last 2-3 days...thankfully after today we are forecast to have much more seasonal temps.  I am not a fan of extreme cold...not so much for myself..but it is rough on a little doxie girl...who needs to get outside.  We bundle her in an extra layer and carry her out...as her paws will pain if she is left on the snow and ice for very long.

I picked up the furniture slipcovers and they were laundered and pressed to perfection!  So easy to slip them back on...easy peasy.

I'll share some things I ordered...and the mail box key saga continues.  When a parcel is left in the mail compartment....a key is left in our mail box.  Due to the extreme cold....when the key was put in the parcel compartment....of course...it snapped in two...leaving part of the key in the key slot.  Not having an envelope in the SUV with me..I wrapped the broken key & key chain in a napkin, wrote "key broken" and tossed it back in the outgoing mail slot.  We'll see how that works out today.

And don't get me started on our waste & compost cart pick up!  Ourselves and neighbours on either side...set our compost carts out last Wednesday....as is our pick up day.  None were emptied...yet those along our road were.  We alerted Island Waste Mgmt...and were told to leave the carts out.  Monday, being a holiday, we were advised pick up would be Tuesday or Wednesday.  Since Wednesday is now black cart day...we all have two carts sitting out!

Neither were emptied!  I furiously called Island Waste Watch again....and was told the driver claimed the carts were "too far back from the road"!   Not sure if they prefer the Transportation & Public Works snow plow or the City of Charlottetown sidewalk plow to push them around all over the place.....but the carts were six feet from the road!!  Six feet!!  The driver couldn't possibly walk that far to empty the carts!!

We all hauled our carts out further...and there they still sit!  Apparently the black cart will get emptied today....but the green cart not until next Wednesday!

We've have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than these darn carts being emptied!  Can you imagine if this was the heat of the summer?   BTW - Mr. Seventies has always set the carts in the same spot....never had an issue before.  Maybe a new driver?  Who knows.

On to prettier things...the winter sales continue...and I love the chocolate brown of this sweater...looks so cozy!


I have this one in a light brown colour....and I wear it all the time!  It washes beautifully....so I ordered it in the cream colour...


I have never ordered from Shein before..but know a few people who have and they seem to like the quality and the prices....I chose this pretty tunic to wear with leggings...


This one just feels summery to me...cute to wear with capris.....


I like the high waist of this one....hides a multitude of sins...and flows nicely over leggings...


I returned the ash vacuum for a full refund & picked one up at Home Depot.  Mr Seventies very happy with it....does a great job cleaning out the pellet stove.

That's it for this week!   Have an awesome weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment