Followers

Monday, March 16, 2020

Before & After

Mr. Seventies did an amazing job on my vanity...it required sanding, priming and a couple of fresh coats of Behr satin acrylic paint (the colour is called Ballet Slipper)...

Just to recap...here is the before...(it looks nice in the photo...but it had some minor damage on the top that was repaired).  We removed the castors, but left the mirror and drawer hardware original...


And here she is....all fresh and pretty....


I did place a runner on the top for protection before adding all my "stuff" I use daily....I couldn't be happier with the results!  Kudos to Mr. Seventies!

Before all this Coronavirus hit...I had been out shopping for some decor items...and came home empty handed.  I just couldn't find anything that I had in mind...sometimes I get very distracted and overwhelmed with all the choices.  I'm much better at searching on line for exactly what I want and ordering it.   New bedding for the guest bedroom...for example.  I had considered having Mr. Seventies paint it...but the lavender colour has sentimental value to me.  Growing up...it was the colour of the bedroom I shared with my sister Pat.  We dubbed this room "Pat's room" in her honour. (she lost a short battle with lung cancer in 2016).  This pretty set should freshen things up a bit....and it has a bit of lavender pops of colour!  I think she would approve...



I've been searching for new lamps for the family room f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!  I've checked every home decor store, all the hardware stores...even Wal Mart (which was laughable)....and finally found exactly the ones I was looking for!  On Facebook marketplace!  Go figure.  There are two of them...perfect 28" height and everything!  I plan to pick them up today...



In other news, Benson will have his staples removed today!!  Hard to believe it was two weeks this very day he required back surgery...he is doing much better!  Able to walk some, albeit it wobbly...back to barking like his old self...and yesterday he & his pawrents went for a leisurely stroll....his Dad carrying him in an Outward Hound sling.  He is still on an additional 8-10 weeks of rest for his back to fully recover...but getting stronger each day!


Benson's human big sister is due within the next week!  We are so excited and cannot wait to meet her!  

We are back into the deep freeze with cold windchills...spring is just a day on the calendar here folks!  Although the crocus are peeking up...we are still a long way from winter being over.  The sun is up higher these days..and with the time change the mornings are lighter and the evenings are longer.

Enjoy your day...even if we have to stick close to home...it's a great opportunity to get some spring cleaning done!  Or not!




No comments:

Post a Comment