Followers

Monday, March 30, 2020

What A Month It Has Been!!

It's hard to believe we are in the last week in March...and even though we are pretty much housebound these days...the time seems to be flying by...

To combat the stir craziness Mr. Seventies, Liesel and I went for a drive the other day.  It was such a gorgeous spring day....it is hard to comprehend how much our world has changed in the past few weeks.

The beautiful Charlottetown waterfront and boardwalk...



Just look at that beautiful blue sky!  There were so many vehicles parked along the boardwalk...people like us...just enjoying the view without social contact.



One area of the downtown core...pretty much deserted...


Usually the streets are full of people...and it's difficult to find a parking spot on most days...but it is great that people are staying home...


Mr. Seventies picked me up a Diamond Dotz painting kit...I'd never heard of them before.  I watched a few u-tube tutorials..and can't wait to start it...the cloth canvas comes in a kit like this.  


Rather than using paint...you apply little diamond pieces following the pattern grid..this piece is about 25" x 20".....when completed...this is how it will look..


Once completed...I'll have it framed if I'm happy with the results.  I think there is a step or two you follow before you frame it...I have to watch a couple more tutorials when I get to that stage.  Apparently these kits have been around for a while...but I'm just discovering them now.  And with being stuck indoors...might be a good time to putter away on one. '

I ordered a couple more items for the master bedroom refresh...I've been looking for one last cushion for the bed....and think this one will be perfect...with most stores closed...this one is on Bed Bath and Beyond website...(using a 20% off coupon of course)...

I've been searching for a set of candle holders...and discovered just how expensive they can be!  I found these on Amazon...exactly what I wanted in three different heights...


And a set of wooden beads...just to lay on the dresser or night stand....


I couldn't resist this stacked figurine...it's been on my must haves list for a while now...



And I couldn't resist this adorable little pig tea light holder...so cute!!  



Still now news on the grand baby front!  If she has not made her debut by Wednesday morning...and induction will be required.  Still holding out hope she will come along on her own...but if not...praying we have a new arrival this week!

Something so exciting to look forward to during these difficult times!  






















No comments:

Post a Comment