Followers

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Sneak Peek

Some of the goodies picked up so far....working on the master bedroom.  I saw a colour combination navy blue with red and white buffalo check..and I fell in love.  While I loved the look...I did not like the prices!  So, I set out to find a similar look...at much more affordable costs.  I set a budget...and here is what I've come up with so far....(I'll share my budget later and whether I was able to achieve it)...

Keep in mind...these are straight out of the packaging....nothing has been steamed or pressed....


I found a navy quilt set and paired it with a red and white buffalo check duvet cover set!  Once the electric blanket is removed....the duvet in the cover will add additional warmth.  The two framed pieces are Canadiana sketches...the vase I will add to a night stand.  I still have more decorative touches to shop for....

I have on order a couple of cushion covers....this is one I'm crushing on....the other one sold out after I ordered it so I cannot share a photo of it....and I'm still on the look out for a rectangle cushion...will browse Home Sense and Michaels and see what they have available.


I'm also switching out the wreath currently hanging on the antique window frame over the bed...not sure what I want yet....but will know it when I see it....

Mr. Seventies and I plan to pick up the primer and paint supplies for him to re-do my make up vanity!  I'm really excited about having it refreshed!  He thought about taking it to our neighbour's workshop...but I prefer not to haul the vanity around...but rather lay down a tarp and work on it in the room it sits in.  The mirror does come off and I need to check if getting new handles for the drawers (four of them) is an option.  I'll be sure to get before and after photos.  First step is to give it a thorough wipe down with TSP and water before putting on a coat of primer.

I plan to pick out a creamy off white paint colour...in a satin acrylic finish.

Grand pup Benson continues to recover....he is able to stand for brief periods.  We've ordered him a hind end harness to help with potty breaks...(minus the boots...lol).  This is the one chosen and it is due to arrive today....fingers crossed it works. A neck tie has been used...but since it may be a little while before he gains use of his back legs....we are hoping this harness will work better. 



My son-in-law's buddies thew him a "Diaper Shower"....a fun evening for the Dad to be!  Nothing goes better with diapers than craft beer and munchies!!


We are on pins and needles waiting for our little princess' arrival!  

Mild, drizzling and wet here today...I intend to pick up a bouquet of flowers to brighten up my coffee table...and enjoy a little touch of spring!!

Are you looking forward to spring too?






No comments:

Post a Comment