Followers

Monday, March 2, 2020

Snowy Weekend

Welcome to March!!  And she came in like a lioness...we had snow from morning til bed time yesterday...no winds...just lots of snow.   25 cm was predicted...and I'm certain we received that and perhaps a bit more.  Yesterday was a day in camp...but I was okay with that...gave me lots of time to dream up refreshes for the bedrooms.  It's going to be a few weeks out...as some things are on order...others I haven't decided on yet...

I'd prefer not to paint the guest bedroom..so I'm going to work with the lavender walls.  And you wouldn't believe the colours that supposedly co-ordinate with mauves and lavenders!  Oranges or yellows (neither of my favourite colours), gray, blue...white...so you see my dilemma!  One thing you can be guaranteed of...whatever I choose will be different!

An update on my grand dog, Benson...I visited with him with treats and a new toy....he's looking pretty content here....


A second medication was prescribed in addition to the pain meds...and he is doing much better.  His little tail was up..and he was obviously more comfortable.  He will continue with treatment for the next few days...then we'll see how he is doing and go from there.  With baby sister due shortly...it's very important his needs are met.  We are so thankful we gifted them with a Furbo...so they are able to monitor him on their phones when they are out.

One department at daughter's work...threw her a surprise baby shower last week!  She received some of the cutest outfits ever and gift cards...a delicious lunch was served...and just look at the adorable cookies!!  (Mr. Seventies & I had one...they were delicious...almost too adorable to eat.   Almost...


I have the baker's contact information...will want to order a couple dozen cookies for the baby shower!  There is a second shower planned with another department this week!   And friend's of her Dad's are throwing him a "Diaper Shower"!  Each guest brings their favourite "beverage" and a box of diapers!  

Mr. Seventies and I took in an NBL game over the weekend...just not the same without my friend who passed in October.  We loved going to the games together...she was an avid fan.  

Busy week here this week...I have three medical appointments and tests...I won't bore you with the details (that would be a blog post in itself).  

Have an awesome day wherever you are today!!

BENSON UPDATE - Shortly after this post....Benson lost use of his back legs and is undergoing back surgery at our veterinary hospital.  A CAT scan showed he suffered a disc rupture at the T13 disc.  Keep our little guy in your thoughts & prayers!  


No comments:

Post a Comment