Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Enjoying Some Days On the Deck

Our weather has been up and down the past few days...up as high as 28 C with a humid of 31 C....to having frost last night!  Mr. Seventies found it necessary to cover a few of his tender plants in the garden...

On the days that have been warm and sunny....Liesel and I have been leisurely hanging out on the deck....I enjoy a Mocha coffee almond beverage on ice...and my face in my Outlander series of books.    If you haven't watched the series....do.  The author of the books , Diana Gabaldon was here...in 2017...hosting a meet and greet, chatting with people and signing books....and I knew nothing of Outlander back then!  I must have been living under a rock! Very disappointed I missed that opportunity....


Since I've been spending so much time outside....a wide brimmed hat was a must...so ordered this one ...ball caps just aren't cutting it...and I really like the chocolate brown colour....



My cousin introduced me to these amazing sandals when I was visiting last year...with stores being closed here...and only a handful of shoe stores available...I ordered these ones...which she highly recommended.  She owns a couple of pairs...in different colours....I chose a brown pair...and cannot wait for them to arrive!  Shout out to Karen for introducing me to the amazing sandals...I love a comfortable, slip on leather sandal!!


Wanda...the pool vacuum has been called into service...and while cleaning up the pool...we noticed the accessories were looking a bit on the "seen better days" side of things.  The bristle brush...was losing bristles in the water...so time for a new pole, leaf catcher & brush.  While I was dropping off a water sample at the pool shop....I picked up a few new accessories....



Since it rained here a couple of days...I popped into Michaels and a lot of their home decor was 50% off!  I picked up these candle holders..which I plan to set on my cabinet once Mr. Seventies has it refinished,  (which is looking amazing so far...it's been primed & two coats of paint applied...the top sanded and stained...cannot wait to have it completed-still waiting on the transfers to arrive).  The candles I had on hand...from Wal Mart I think...and yes...that is a fire in the pellet stove..as it was a cool, damp day...



Today forecasts to be another nice one..looks like Liesel & I will be hanging out outside this afternoon!  Our precious "Grumpy Cat" is home from a nine day stay at the IWK...I can't believe how much she has grown.  We look forward to the day her surgery is over...the feeding tube  removed...and hopeful she will be a bit more content.  This has been a very difficult and stressful time for her Mom & Dad...who adore her.  As do her Mimi & Grampie, of course....



Have an awesome day where ever you are today!!





No comments:

Post a Comment