Followers

Monday, June 15, 2020

Sneak Peek

Mr. Seventies has finished staining and painting my cabinet...and I'm loving it so far.  Just to recap...this is the before....as it was when I purchased it...




Keep in mind...the transfers have not yet arrived...I plan to dress up the doors a bit (they are standing upside down in photo...oops)...and the whole cabinet will get a coat of soft wax and buffed to a hard finish...(might also darken the colour a bit...I'm fine with that...).   Isn't the top amazing??  Mr. Seventies sanded it down (twice..as the first stain colour was not to my liking)...and this is exactly how I pictured it would look in my mind....



My faux lemons arrived...and they look so real sitting in a glass container on my counter...



A dear friend gifted me this adorable cookie jar...how sweet is that?  Since I seldom bake...or have cookies for that matter.. I may use it to store tea bags beside the counter stove top...



The flower gardens are blessing us with some beautiful blooms right now...these ones are called Jacob's Ladder....and they smell heavenly....



Our lilac hedge no longer produces a lot of blooms...but what few it does...I snip a small bouquet...who doesn't love the scent of lilacs?



Today looks like a suitable day to do more staining of the decks...the temps are looking great for this week.  Yesterday it was too cool and windy...while Mr. Seventies is working on the pool deck walls...I will be picking up a couple of gallons of stain for the deck floors and steps.  

Grand baby update - Annabelle was re-admitted to the hospital here...and possibly will be transported back to the IWK.  Needless to say...we are so worried and concerned for our precious girl.  Her parents are holding strong for their little one.  Please keep our little Grumpy Cat in your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment