Followers

Monday, June 29, 2020

Out & About...And Other Things

I've taken my time going out & about...stores and businesses are open here...and we are opening up to the rest of the Maritimes on July 3rd...the are calling it the "Maritime bubble".   For us...personally...it will make things a bit easier for off Island travel...more on that a bit later...

A bit of retail therapy was required....popped into one of my favourite stores...and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of stock and great decor available...some stores are having to wait until their distributors and suppliers are up and running again...such as Home Sense...quite barren...usually this area is filled with furniture and home decor pieces...


A number of aisles are completely empty and blocked off...


Thankfully, this is all just temporary...and greatly appreciated they are advising shoppers of better days ahead...



The only item that caught my eye was this beautiful cushion...



Michaels, on the other hand...thankfully did not disappoint!  Gorgeous sunflower decor items!!


Okay...so this tray went immediately into my cart...too cute not to love it!!  And as always...had a coupon on my phone...




Hard to believe I left this beauty behind...not for lack of wanting it...but rather...no where to hang it.  But...oh it was difficult to leave her behind...


And this beautiful tray almost made it into my cart...likely when it comes on sale...it may make an appearance again...


Pretty much describes me...had to chuckle at this...



A brief update on the faux cupcakes I ordered...they've never arrived.  The seller refunded me fully...but I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to displaying them in my farmhouse tiered tray.  These were the ones I attempted to purchase...




 Not to be thwarted...I tuned to Esty...and was not disappointed!   I found a seller (and there are many) who makes them...and her reviews are awesome.  I ordered four in the pink...and an additional four in the teal colour...


Do they not look good enough to eat?  Hard to believe they are not real!  Fingers crossed these ones will arrive successfully!



Also an update on the cute table from Wayfair for the front entry.  Arrived safe and sound...and fits the tight area perfectly...


I'm still waiting for the transfers I ordered to finish off the cabinet Mr. Seventies stained and painted...they were due to be delivered last Friday...but there was a "processing" issue...no clue what that means...but Canada Post has their own lingo...fingers crossed they arrive today!!

The weather has been amazing here the past couple of weeks...both our Wigelias are in full bloom...gorgeous soft pink flowers...


And this beautiful deep red one is just coming into bloom...such a gorgeous time of year!



Liesel had her first dip in the pool for this swim season...nothing better than a good towel roll after a cool off...in 30C degree pool water...



This is going to be a trying week for our family...our precious grand baby, with her Mama...are currently making their way via ambulance to the IWK in Halifax (her Daddy is following behind) ....where she is scheduled to undergo heart surgery on July 2nd...to close the hole in her heart.   Please keep our little one in your thoughts and prayers as we navigate these difficult times...



Depending on the duration of her stay and when travel restrictions are lifted.... her Grampie and Mimi may travel to Halifax to be on hand for support.   We love our little girl so...














1 comment:

  1. My heart is breaking for you. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't be close my my grand babies if something happened to them. Darn this COVID. All the best to you and hoping that all goes well and that you will be able to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete