Followers

Monday, March 22, 2021

Wonderful Birthday Weekend & Accent Chair Decision

Not only has the weather been sunny & warm...I celebrated my birthday!!  I am so blessed to have the greatest husband, daughters, grand daughters, extended family & friends.  We celebrated with a barb-b-que and my sweet son-in-law made the most delicious cheese cake (my favourite kind of birthday cake!).

I've shared how my newest grand baby was born with a very large hole in her heart...and at the tender age of three months went through successful open heart surgery.  Such a difficult time...Covid arrived just a couple of weeks before she was born...and for the next number of months contact could only be done via video chats, texts and calls.  Most of this little one's first three months was spent in and out of hospitals...and finally on her third month birthday...at the sick children's hospital three hours away...(after an emergency air flight) she underwent an 8 hour surgery to repair her little heart...



I'm thrilled to report her recovery has been amazing....she will soon celebrate her first birthday!  To honour our little "heart warrior"... for my birthday I was gifted this t-shirt from her...



My two younger grand children also gifted their Mimi with a beautiful mug...I will use it daily...


Behind my mug, to the left is a new electric tart warmer and tarts my oldest grand daughter gifted me...she knows her Mimi too well...

Mr. Seventies out did himself...as always..gifting me a stunning rose gold & diamond watch...


And a beautiful bouquet of red roses...how I have missed flowers in the house!  Selection is not great right now...but he was able to gift me with one dozen of them...



I received gift cards to a couple of my favourite haunts....and Amazon!  As you can see...I am truly blessed and so grateful to have such a loving family.  Due to Covid restrictions...travel for my daughter and three grand daughters was impossible...hopefully soon the travel "bubble' will open and we will be able to hug in person.  Going to be a very happy day...as Thanksgiving was the last time we could all be together.  

In other news...I have ordered an accent chair!  It has been a struggle to find one...I think this one will go well with the leather sofa & chair.  The matching leather chair is being delivered Thursday....this is the other one I have on order...




I chose the brown and off white buffalo check fabric...as there is brown in the family room area rug...and I think it will fit in nicely with the neutral palette I'm leaning towards.  It is an accent chair...and will not likely be used on a daily basis...but extra seating was a must.  I'll share photos when it arrives as well...

It's nice to think with this amazing weather we are having that spring has arrived!  But I somehow suspect winter is not done with us yet.  Plan to get out and enjoy the fresh air...I hope you have an awesome day as well!!


2 comments:

  1. We love the chair can you tell us where you ordered it from?

    Linda, Astro and Mitzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon.ca. Just search for "accent chair" on Amazon...and scroll through. It comes in other colours as well! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete