Followers

Friday, March 12, 2021

Mini Update

We are still puttering away here...Mr. Seventies picked up the door casings a few days ago...and has been busy getting two coats of paint on them in our neighbour's heated workshop.  Who knew door casings could be so beautiful?  Once he gets a couple installed...I will share photos. 

Today...he begins the hallway...removing the baseboards...and painting the walls.  The gorgeous sofa...which is even more beautiful than I anticipated...was delivered.  Oh..I am in luv.  My much beloved pallet cow painting is back in her place...the walls are freshly painted..end tables and wood lamp bases received a much needed coat of clear wax & buffed for protection....



The quality of the sofa is second to none...Canadian made..strong durable construction...seats are firm..yet comfortable.  Leather is soft and warm to the touch...almost suede leather...so beautiful.  Hopeful the matching chair will be delivered next week.  The two young delivery guys were amazing...took such great care in bringing it in..it's the first ever piece of furniture that actually did not have to be lifted up and over the half wall...but was able to come up the front steps, fully turn...set into place!

And the entry light fixture arrived and I did curb side pick up...if you remember this is the one I ordered...


Not a great photo...as it is still in the box...but this is the underside of the fixture...I think I'm going to love it.  The hall fixture should arrive in a couple of days...




We have lived in this seventies split for about thirty four years...and in all that time the cold air exchange grille has never been replaced.  I just presumed it was no longer available...and every couple of years I would spray paint the original.  I happen to come across the exact grille cover required...that matches the rest of our heat vent covers...who knew?  I had to order it in at the hardware store...and it only took a few days to arrive.  It's the little things people...gives me such great pleasure..and it fits perfect.


I came across these and thought "how awesome would they look in my dish cabinet?"  I know...I have my Mason's collection...but I could not resist getting a set of these for the cabinet.  If I can find some pretty wall paper, wrapping paper or anything that might show these off in my cabinet....I may line the shelf backs...so these will stand out a bit more....
I've ordered only one set...will wait and see if that is enough to display...




I couldn't resist the co-ordinating platter...and there are a host of other pieces available if I wish to add more....and I do have some farm decor that I can add into the mix...



We are still needing an accent chair in the family room...so my search continues.  The wicker patio love seat has gone back into storage...it's nice to have an actual piece of furniture to sit on!  Still using the wicker patio chair...for a few more days.  

That's the update from here for now!  Sun is out...we've been enjoying milder temperatures the last few days.  Winter is a long way from being over...but it's nice to know it's not that far off!

Have an awesome weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment