Followers

Monday, March 1, 2021

The Fun Has Begun

The slipcovered furniture was picked up on Saturday!  It was a gorgeous, mild & sunny day...perfect opportunity for the buyer.   I picked up the cushion cover that required a new zipper before the furniture was taken...and btw..the bill for the repair was a whopping $10!   I'm keeping this seamstresses contact information for future reference...she did an amazing job.  

This is how we are rolling for the time being...patio furniture to the rescue...and for the record...there are gallons of paint idling...




Liesel is thankful to have a spot to snuggle up beside me...after all her comfort is front and centre...



Liesel enjoying the Saturday afternoon sun...



We plan to roll up the area rug when Mr. Seventies begins painting this room.  The new leather sofa is tentatively set for delivery on Thursday.  I say tentatively...as we are in a 72 hour lock down...as new clusters of Covid have surfaced.  The store has assured me the delivery men use sanitizer and will be masked...and in and out quickly.   



I haven't found chairs yet...Mr. Seventies has said to take my time..so I am in no panic.  In the meantime...the kitchen is painted!!  The colour (which means nothing) is called Garden Wall by Behr.  A quick before...



And the after..there is very little wall space in the kitchen...the cabinets take up the bulk of space.  As always, natural light...especially early morning with pending snowfall and no sun...makes the kitchen darker.  When the window shades were removed...and with a lighter colour on the walls...it has made a huge difference!  The shades will not be going back up...they have served their purpose...and were impossible to clean...other than vacuum and wipe down.  Privacy is not an issue in the kitchen..there are no  homes directly behind us...and all anyone would see would be heads! And I do not like window valances...or curtains in general...



As Mr. Seventies is painting...he is removing the base boards and we are going to replace them...along with all the door trim.  For the entire house.  We plan to visit a shop that specializes in trim and mouldings...and we will pick out  new everything.  

One paint choice I had originally picked for the hallway...is going in my vanity room.  It was the one colour choice that was throwing me off.  I've chosen mostly neutral, earthy tones...and that paint  colour seemed to have too much gray for my liking.  The hall colour is now Mocha Accent,  the front entry is going to be lighter...Merino Wool...and the family room Grey Squirrel...(while that colour has a gray undertone...it's more brown.)  All paints are Behr colours...but Beautitone paint.  

While having the paint mixed...have you ever smelled "spoiled" paint?  I didn't know that could happen...the the gentleman mixing the paint certainly caught a rotten egg odour from the paint!  Boy...was it nasty!  He said he doesn't come across that problem very often...but it does occasionally happen!   Glad he caught it before I took the paint home.  

While the furniture was being picked up on Saturday...Liesel & I took a short trip to purchase a new toaster!  If you remember the pretty pink-ish one I purchased...it was a piece of junk!  An expensive piece of junk...either burned the toast or popped up every few seconds!  Annoyed the heck out of us!  And it was very heavy and cumbersome.  As a parting gift, I cut my finger when I went to pick it up & put it in the recycling box!  Since I came across unused gift cards a couple of weeks ago...no better time than now to use one for a toaster...

Our choice...much lighter and working great so far...



So we are well underway.  When Mr. Seventies finishes painting the front entry...he's going to install a new light fixture...since he will have scaffolding in place.  I still need to choose a fixture...it may be the one I posted the other day from Home Depot...the one pictured here in the centre...


So...that is an update for now.  The plan is to paint the family room next..if Mr. Seventies has a day at home this week or on the weekend,  Today...we are expecting snow, ice pellets and rain...a perfect day to have a pot of home made beans in the oven!  A once in a year treat for us!!  And a delicious dessert from my Crazy Spoons cookbook...Dream Team Cream Pie it's called.  Low in fat of course...but one of Mr. Seventies favourite desserts. 

Have an awesome day everyone & stay safe!!








No comments:

Post a Comment