Followers

Friday, February 26, 2021

And Just Like That....

Sometimes things happen fast around here.  I'm not one for mulling things around in my head for very long...but occasionally things progress rather quickly...even for me.  

As I was considering what to do with our current slipcovered furniture...I decided to post it on FB Marketplace.  Within three minutes of posting them for sale (no exaggeration)...I heard my phone go off..and I received a message a buyer would take it!  My jaw hit the floor.  A few minutes later I received payment...and before I knew it...it was sold!  Wow.  Just like that.  I explained one cushion cover was having a new zipper sewn...and I would contact when it was finished.  No day for pick up has been chosen yet...the next few days are going to be wet & sloppy....but fingers crossed it will be gone before next Thursday...as this gorgeous gal will be delivered.  We have dealt with this furniture store in the past...they are amazing and sell quality, Canadian made pieces...well worth the price.  And I'm a lover of all things leather!  Isn't she gorgeous?  And I love the caramel colour....just have to show her off again....


That's the only piece I have picked out...we may be sitting on lawn chairs for a few days.  I saw this one & it's very comfortable ..the photo does not do it justice...it is gorgeous.  Again..amazing quality & Canadian made...but I fear it would clash with my area rug...even though they share some of the same colours...


I will continue to search for maybe solid colour chairs...likely a couple.  But...no love seat!   I may wait until the furniture is gone...and the new sofa is delivered...before I decide which seat arrangement works best.  I like my furniture to create a comfortable conversation feel.  I've been in homes where the furniture is pushed back against the walls...chairs undersized and awkwardly placed..and a huge barren mass in the centre of the room.  To avoid that...I'll take my time deciding what I need and how to place things.  
 
I'm still looking for a front entry chandelier...as the one I fell in love with...is overpriced...or more than I want to pay.  I came across this one... (the one right in the centre)...


A better picture on the box..I didn't purchase as I'm not 100% sure it's what I want.  I do really like it...so it is up for consideration...


And wait...there's more!  We are undertaking the huge job of painting...and I've chosen colours for the family room, front entry and hallway!  And all the mouldings and interior doors will be painted a cream colour...not white.  Rather than purchase new doors...I've asked Mr. Seventies to add trim to all the doors...something like this...we will reuse our current door knobs and hinges...they are relatively new...but other than being plain...they are fine.  New doors are extremely expensive...and when you need eight of them...that can quickly add up...this is what I have in mind....


I'll wait until the three areas are completed before I chose a paint colour for the kitchen.  I won't share the colours yet..as they wouldn't reflect their true shades on a paper paint chip...but I'm moving into the warm browns and the colours should play nicely together...since all the rooms are open to each other.

Today...I have my list of supplies to pick up...Mr. Seventies took inventory last evening...and with paint on sale at Home Hardware ... I'll pick up four gallons to start.  I will remove the wall decor and likely this evening Mr. Seventies will take down the television & we'll patch any holes to dry over night for sanding tomorrow.  The window shutters will need to be removed as well...but they can stay until the trim gets painted.  

I had considered changing out the family room area rug...but I still love the colours and it still looks like new.  Wool rugs are so worth the money.  I think the plan is to roll it up and slide it off to one side during painting...

Never a dull moment around here peeps!  Hope you stick around for the ride...I'll take photos as we go.  




No comments:

Post a Comment