Followers

Monday, February 8, 2021

Farmhouse Chandelier

The installation of my new beaded chandelier is complete..and I couldn't be happier!  First order of business was to remove the ceiling fan...which was a pretty quick process.  I put it on Marketplace and within fifteen minutes or so...it sold.   This is before Mr. Seventies took it down...




We decided on the height we wanted the chandelier to hang...and Mr. Seventies ended up removing most of the electrical wire and chain....as they were not required.  More for use on high or vaulted ceilings....



I was concerned the metal parts would not be to my liking...as in photos they appeared to have a greenish tinge...but in fact it's more brownish gray...which is perfect...


And the end result...drumroll please...



So pretty when on...and this was during the day....(with a 60 watt soft white Edison bulb)...



Such a pretty pattern it throws on the ceiling.....



We couldn't be happier...love this chandelier...if I haven't mentioned that.  Of course...now I'm thinking...a new fixture in the front entry would be nice...and I'm crushing on this one.  I love that it's not a monstrous size....but still has the look that I love...going to give it some hard thought.  An extension ladder is required for use in the front entry...as from floor to ceiling...it is about a fifteen foot drop.  Not a place for timid cats like me.  So this may be coming up (or going up) at some point in the future....




We are getting blasted with a winter storm here that started overnight.  Schools and businesses are closed...I don't think we will receive the forecasted amount of snow...but with high winds....it doesn't much matter...visibility and drift snow is an issue. I'm certain in some areas loss of power will be an issue. Fingers crossed we don't lose ours.  

If it's storming where you are today...stay safe.  We plan to curl up by the pellet stove and watch the snow blow ...thankful we don't need to go out!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte! Your chandelier is beautiful!! I just found your blog and I have enjoyed reading some of your posts. I laughed when you said your husband likes the “where has she put things now game”. My hubby can totally relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JoAnne!! Thank you & welcome!! Nice to have you here!!

    ReplyDelete