Followers

Monday, February 1, 2021

Family Room Refresh

Welcome to February!  We made it through January without any major snowfall accumulation...and are able to walk with Liesel without winter footwear!  Tomorrow is forecast to be messy....snowfall and then changing to rain!  Not too difficult to take...

The cushion covers I ordered arrived..and they are amazing quality...and I love how they look on the sofa and love seat.....lots of light from the window...I did not want to close the shutters..these days we need all the natural light we can get...



I brought out a set of my floral covers...purchased a while back at Pier 1....before they closed their stores...I set the cushions on the left apart a bit so you can see how they work together.  One thing about my decor choices...I love colour...and my beloved cow pallet painting...I never tire of her....




This is my usual hang out...the table beside is kept clutter free...usually my laptop, mug of tea or snacks are idling there...


My cabinet that Mr. Seventies did such a great make over on...still one of my favourite pieces....and great storage for books and gardening magazines...


If you've read along for a while...you will know our little grand baby Annabelle...born not only when Covid first arrived...but also with an enormous hole in her heart.  Due to these factors...most of the events planned for those first few months were cancelled.....one being a new born photo shoot.  Many Covid parents have missed out on a great deal....my daughter discovered a company that will put your baby's face in new born poses.  Therefore...I give you portraits we were fortunate enough to get...


And this is our absolute favourite...I apologize for the glare...taking a picture of a picture...is not easy with a cell phone camera...but we are happy to have these memories of her as a little...



I couldn't be happier with the cooking utensils I ordered...and they fit perfectly in this adorable container my friend, (who has since passed away)...gifted me as a birthday present a few years back.  I love that I am able to use it daily....


Have you been seeing the beaded chandeliers on home decor vlogs and blogs?  I haven't given Mr. Seventies a heads up yet...but I've been wanting to switch out the family room ceiling fan....and have ordered this one.  Won't it be a "surprise" when it arrives?  Maybe in the guise of a Valentine gift?  Think I can sell that??


The only look I'm not sold is the antique looking metal parts...if I really don't like that look...I may paint those parts off white.  I'll have to wait until I can see it.....the measurements are 13" at the widest part and and 16 1/2" high...not including the chain (which allows you to hang it at different heights).  I'm also hoping it won't be too big for the room...but it is sold as a small beaded chandelier...so fingers crossed...


So, that's the end of my not so much of a makeover/refresh.  More just cleaning and purging...these winter months are great for that. 

Hoping you have an awesome day wherever you are!  Let's keep a close eye on whether Mr. Groundhog sees his shadow (or not) tomorrow!  And as always....stay safe!!



No comments:

Post a Comment