Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Hump Day Happenings

Happy Hump Day!  Storm #1 of the week has passed...we had snow at first...then a full day of ice pellets. No power outages in our area...Mr. Seventies reports the snow is like cement to move...he was up early to clean off the deck and walk way...

Yesterday was spent by a warm fire...during my cleaning and purging I came across my Welcome banner.  I purchased this at Michaelas a couple of years ago...and stencilled the letters with black craft paint from the Dollarama. (btw..there is no fire hazard just to be clear...)



My canister set arrived...and the set is perfect.  After a thorough washing...I filled each one..and now things are at hand when I need them.  The coffee tin holds coffee pods for the Keurig...



When cleaning out my kitchen towel drawer...I was a bit surprised & embarrassed how worn and ratty they were were. Time for some new ones!!  I ordered these ones from Amazon...and they are the best towels...generous size & super absorbent.  I cut up the old towels for cleaning rags....Mr. Seventies is always looking for a rag for some project or another...



And two of my tart warmers arrived!!   And I love them both...I put this one in the kitchen..when turned on it is bright enough to use as a night light...



And the "Deja Moo" warmer...I set on the cabinet in the family.  This burner is my favourite...you all know how I feel about cows.  I received notification the scarecrow warmer has been delivered to our mail box compartment...will pick it up today.  Can't wait to see it...even though I will tuck it away for use in the fall...I'll share photos when I have it home.  



With all this wintery mix of weather...I've started to focus on summer and warmer temps...and have a few summer items on order...I love the colour and fit of this pretty top...


Along with a couple of pair of distressed denim shorts...I ordered t-shirts...great for hanging out on the deck this summer...paw prints had me at hello...


And who doesn't love dinosaurs?  Never too old for dinosaurs...


And this pretty gingham top..light and summery to wear with capris...and again I like the fit of this...very flattering...



And since I am in a summer frame of mind...little grand baby will be needing her very own pool float..and this one has great review..for ages 6-36 months...and has a sun cover...to protect her fair skin...(along with sunscreen).

She & her Momma attend swim classes weekly...and have a great time in the water....looking forward to her joining us this summer in our pool. I like that this one comes with a duck toy and bag for storage once swim season is over.  There are leg holes for her to sit & have her legs and feet in the water...great for kicking & splashing....



Schools are on a one hour delay this morning...with a further announcement coming.  There's rumblings of another storm arriving Friday or Saturday...seems we are getting winter this month.  I have an online grocery order to pick up...and plan to stay close to the hearth in the meantime.  

Stay safe out there..and have an awesome day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment