Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Tart Warmers & More

Hello...my name is Charlotte...and I have a tart addiction!  Heaven forbid if you have allergies or are scent sensitive...my home would be off limits to you.  I..on the other hand...love nothing better than a clean, delicious smelling home!  

I especially love when Scentsy reps sell off their inventory...either to make way for new pieces or are no longer selling their products.  I'm not a fan of their actual wax melts for a couple of reasons...mainly I don't find their scents last only but a few hours.  And...in my humble opinion...they are over priced.   Moving on..

I struck warmer gold....this adorable scarecrow...(at a fraction of the retail price)...will be awesome to use in the fall!  When it arrives...I'll tuck it away until then...who doesn't love a scarecrow?


And you all know how I feel about cows...this one I'm most excited about....and there is a gorgeous red cardinal warmer I'm considering...but for now...Deja Moo will be hanging out in the kitchen....

I should mention what triggered this desire for additional warmers...I had one...in the kitchen that quit working.  Tried two fresh bulbs...thinking that was the issue...but clearly it was not.  Also...these are all electric warmers...I don't use candles....for anything.  (well..if the power goes out...then we're forced to).  My warmers use a 25 watt bulb...and battery operated flicker candles are used in my lanterns....on timers...even better!

Ok..final warmer...and only because it was such a great deal...and I think it will go in the family room....I like too how some of the warmers are like night lights...providing a warm glow during the evenings...

And one of my cupboard is full of delicious smelling tarts ( I think I shared a photo of that guilty pleasure a while back) ...and yes...I have a problem.  But it's a great smelling problem to have...

I have long crushed on this wooden distressed lantern my daughter purchased a number of years ago...I was with her in the primitive home decor store (that has since closed) when she purchased it.  Fast forward a few years...she was tired of it and knew I really loved it..so now it's mine.  Someday...she will likely get it back...right??  I placed a flicker candle inside..looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!


I plan to set up a tea/coffee tray in my kitchen..or my version of it.  Daughter has one on her counter...next to the Keurig...and it's so handy.  Everything in one spot.  I ordered this rectangular metal tray....


And these canisters to hold tea bags, coffee pods...and sweetener...the flour one I'll fill and set in the cupboard.  Currently the coffee pods are stored in a Tupperware container...tea bags are in a ceramic cannister....that has been broken & repaired more times than I can remember...and the sweetener is in a bag...in the pantry cupboard  at the other end of the kitchen.  I don't own a sugar bowl...kinda strange, eh?


I was straightening up my dish towel drawer (more on that in a minute)...and realized my towels were looking a bit worse for wear.  I have micro fibre dish cloths...and love them...so thought I'd give the kitchen towels a try...the colour was of no importance...the reviews on wear and durability on these are really great.  Once they arrive...the old ones will make great cleaning rags...






I've recently discovered the KonMari method of organizing, decluttering and folding of clothes, towels, etc.  And it has been amazing.  Yesterday...I went through the bedroom dresser drawers...and set up three piles as I went.  One pile for tossing out, one for donations sand what I planned to keep.  So far...I've thrown out very little...but have a huge bag for the Mission Store.  And now...I currently have organized, neatly folded t shirts, jeans, leggings, socks, etc.   No more pawing through to find what I'm looking for or wrinkled clothes!

Oh...and...I found two never used gift cards that had been tucked away!!  Win-win!!  Once I finished with the drawers...I moved on to the closets...and was able to fold a number of things I had hung up previously just to keep them from wrinkling.  With the KonMari folding style...I now have room for them in a drawer...and one drawer has only 1/4 space filled.  The drawers are shallow...so bulky sweaters and dresses...of course..still require hanging.  But to have everything so neat and tidy....feels so good.  It's the little things peeps!

So...I've started on other areas of the house....like the kitchen towel drawer.   Even though we decluttered the kitchen cabinets....and got rid of so much that we weren't using...things could be better organized.  It's like I have items spread around various kitchen cabinets...so want to pull things together...so everything plays together nicely. 

I discovered KonMari on You Tube...so if you are interested in getting your home in order...check out videos there.  Mr. Seventies thinks I've lost my mind...but he dislikes clutter and disorganization as much as I do...

Nothing like a good snow storm to keep you busy inside!  We had about 40 cm of the white stuff blow around the other day.  All cleared and shovelled out now...it's really the first major storm we've had this winter.   Daughter had an appointment yesterday...so got to spend some quality time with our little Grumpy Cat!  

Hope all is well where you are!  Feel free to leave a comment & say hello!!


No comments:

Post a Comment