Followers

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Mid Week Catch Up

It's been a productive couple of days here...so let's catch up.  Firstly, the hall light fixture I ordered on March 8th had still not been shipped.  I decided to cancel the order...and picked up this one...which is very similar...one less light maybe...



Mr. Seventies shared it was a very simple install...and I'm very happy, not only with how awesome it looks...but the amount of light it gives, so much more than the "boob" light fixture previously installed....


We also loaded up the SUV (and it was packed) with about 75% of my home decor...and took it to the Mission Store.  Feels good to be able to let the house breathe...if you understand what I mean.  I came across a couple of 20 x 20 feather pillow inserts. in my stash...and ordered a couple of beautiful linen covers in this beautiful cranberry colour (Amazon)...the reviews are great & they come in a wide variety of colours...






It was such a warm day I had the opportunity to take these ceramic bowls (they are not planters...but actual bowls from Home Sense)...outside and spray paint them a textured brown.  


The plants are fairly large...you really don't see much of the bowls...but I'm pleased with how they turned out.  When the temps warm up in a few weeks...I plan to give them another couple of coats of the Hammered Brown by Rustoleum...


The spider plant covers most of the bowl....must be my experienced "green thumb".....lol...


We decided to add a re-do the master bedroom as well...I think I will use my Ikea farmhouse duvet cover set as a jump off point.  I ordered a king size down duvet to fill the cover...our current queen duvet is small.  It barely hangs over the bed...in my opinion it is the size for a twin bed.  It's a Pacific Coast brand duvet...but not a generous size at all.  Since I want a puffy, soft comfortable feel...I decided to order a king duvet and hopefully it will give me the look and feel I'm wanting.  Although dark in the photo...the colour is actually gray & white...




Today I'm picking up a second gallon of trim paint...and will browse the paint chips for a colour for the master bedroom...Mr. Seventies & contractor friend plan to begin installing the door casings today...and picking up the base mouldings so they can be painted.  

Mr. Seventies was able to put two coats of trim paint on the kitchen windows...and they look so fresh and pretty.  And he cleaned the windows inside & out...since they are located on the north side of the house...winter storms thrown snow, rain & dirt on the windows and screens.  Fingers crossed no more major storms for this year!

He also got a start on the large window in the family room...he removed the magnets for the shutters...sanded, wood filled and caulked areas that needed repair.  It will likely be a few days before he removes the shutters and gets the window frame painted...since he will be installing casings and painting the base trim...

We've been enjoying spring like temperatures...a great motivator!  Not naive enough to think winter is done with us yet though.   We are more likely to have a "white" Easter as we are to have a "white" Christmas.  

On that note, I hope you have an awesome day where you are!!


No comments:

Post a Comment