Followers

Monday, February 21, 2022

Events Of The Last Couple of Days!

It's been a worrisome few days here with Liesel...after a short walk the other day...she began to display lameness in her front left leg and chest area.  She was still able to walk, put weight on it...but with a limp. By bed time, she was in a great deal of pain...and unable to stand, yelping & shaking.  I administered pain medication before midnight...to get us through the night. 

Very early the next morning...she was being attended to at our veterinary hospital.  With Covid restrictions, we were not able to accompany her inside...but rather they came to our vehicle and retrieved her.  She was sedated, x rayed and blood work done.  The x ray revealed osteoarthritis in her left shoulder and joint in her leg.  (bloodwork was excellent).   We were able to bring her home, with two pain medications and she is on strict rest for the next fourteen days.  The x ray showed a "hazy' spot on the joint...a follow up x ray has been ordered for one month to see if that is anything of significance.   Her appetite is not great...but we're able to keep her hydrated.  We should start to see an improvement in 3-4 days.  It's heartbreaking when your fur-kid is sick...but we are doing all we can to get her well and pain free. 



A few days before Liesel's episode I popped into Home Sense....the Easter decor is not as plentiful as other years...but I'm crushing on this carrot door decoration!   Easter here can be wintery....with winds...so I didn't see this as lasting on our front door....as it's very lightweight...but it is adorable!



And bunches of carrots....and carrot garlands...



And a few Rae Dunn pieces...I do love the birdhouses!!  I think the Home one is my favourite...


Along with a couple with Welcome....


And adorable treat filled mugs...great gifts....


And an assortment of great lunch/snack bags!  These are very well made...and would be excellent for packing a lunch for work or travel....


I'm in love with this bunny statue...and the butterfly on the nose!  A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!


As I mentioned, there wasn't an abundance of Easter decor...I'm not big on decorating for Easter.  I have a few of my cherished bunnies.  I'll have Mr. Seventies retrieve the tote that holds them in a few weeks.   We're still a few weeks away from celebrating....

One event fast approaching is grand baby's birthday!  There is an amazing local lady who makes delicious cookies in just about any shape or theme you can think of!  When I saw these ones...I knew I had to order a dozen for a certain birthday celebration!  This is a sample photo...the ones ordered will be personalized.  You have to get your order in very early...as she fills up fast...so I was sure to get an order in well in advance....


And....from PEI to you...


It's a long weekend with stores and work closed for many to enjoy a family day!  I hope you celebrate wherever you are!  We planned to share with family here...but suspect with Liesel not feeling her best...we will have a quiet day at home!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about your sweet dog. I've had a number of dogs over the years and it always broke my heart that you can't explain what is going on. They look at you with so much faith that you will make it better. You will know she's really when feeling better when you can't keep her down. Hoping all of you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete