Followers

Monday, February 28, 2022

Upcoming Main Bedroom Refresh

As February is winding down, that signals it's time for a bedroom refresh!  Anyone else like me...and feels the need (or urge) to switch things out and freshen things up?  Surely, it can't just be me....

I've had this photo stored for ever now...and it's long been my inspiration.  I've been obsessed with red & white toile for a very long time....and love everything on this bed...



This stunning set, consisting of comforter, shams and bedskirt...has also long been on my radar.  But peeps...it was so expensive!!  The most I've ever spent on bedding.  But...the heart wants what the heart wants!!  I finally....after months of indecision...went ahead & ordered it!  Gulp.  It only hurt for a minute...and I have no regrets.  In the warmer months, I plan to use a white Matelasse coverlet...and lay the comforter across the bottom of the bed...


I will just make price adjustments elsewhere...like on cushion covers.  I have an idea for a neck roll cushion, if I decide I want to place one on the bed  These are 20 x 20....and match the bedskirt. I would have preferred larger...26 x 26...but they weren't available...so I compromised...if I decide I want more oomph....I'll order another set....and use three in front of the shams....



For the rooster cushions...I chose these covers in 18 x 18  size, I think will look amazing.  I prefer the lighter background rather than the black shown in the inspiration photo...


I plan to source bedroom decor at thrift stores, Home Sense & Michaels.  So that is the direction I'm going in for our bedroom refresh.

Liesel continues convalescing in her pen in the family room.  Yesterday was a bit of a setback...she was much more sore and immobile than we'd seen in previous days.  We suspect she may have over extended either her paw or shoulder in her bedtime crate the night before....as we heard a loud yelp during the night.  She had been down to receiving one pain medication twice daily....we've increased to an additional medication for the next few days.  We plan to see how she does the remainder of the week.....if we don't see or feel she has improved....we will touch base with our veterinarian.  We've been advised that injuries and conditions such as hers....can take weeks into months of healing.  There is also the option of doing some acupuncture to alleviate her discomfort. 

Finally we will be heading into March!  Which means just another month of winter here & spring is just a day on the calendar!  But the days are getting longer...so there is that.  I'm sure we will have a few more snowstorms yet before we have another winter in the books. 

I'm looking forward to shopping for the replacement for the wood pellet stove!  Excited to see what is available and options for switching from the pellets to propane!  And...I'm working on Mr. Seventies to have a heat pump installed.  The perfect spot for one, what I consider to be an ugly heat vent...is at the end of our hallway.  Our main living space is small enough...a heat pump would provide additional heat in the winter months...and air conditioning during the summer months.  For now...I've just put the bug in his ear.  At one time there were incentive grants available for anyone having heat pumps installed...not certain if that is still available but will look into it and the criteria.  

A heartfelt thank you for stopping by & visiting with me today.  

I'll be hanging out and sharing over at Between Naps on the Porch later and A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday!!




 


2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I don't blame you at all for falling in love with that bedding - its beautiful! The area rug in the second picture is gorgeous - is the second picture your bedroom? I'm so glad to hear that Liesel is doing better - sweet pup - and I hope she doesn't need acupuncture. Stay warm and cozy over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! I love that rug too...I wish our bedroom was larger! The second picture is the toile set I ordered...it hasn't arrived yet. Once it does & I have the room pulled together...I'll be posting photos. I'm now trying to decide if I want matching curtain panels! Ugh!! It never ends...hahaha. Thank you for your sweet words regarding Liesel...our previous male dachshund benefited greatly from acupuncture. We haven't discussed it with our veterinarian yet...but make look into the benefits if we think it will help Liesel heal...as it made a huge improvement in the quality of life of our boy Oskar. So appreciate you stopping!!

    ReplyDelete