Followers

Friday, February 4, 2022

It's Friday!!

And yet another weekend snow storm!!  25 to 45 cm snowfall warning.  It started snowing last evening...and will continue until tomorrow.    While snow and wind are the norm...freezing rain & ice pellets are a whole other mess...and they are in the mix as well.  Gotta love it here....

On the bright side...we don't have concern for falling iguanas.  Just saying....

I stopped into Michael's the other day...expecting to see a plethora of Valentine, Easter and spring decor.  Huge let down...the shelves are mostly empty.  I'm assuming it's a supply issue...and the store is taking advantage by reorganizing the shelves.  In the meantime...very little to check out...


Remember when I had these canisters in pink?  Before the shelf in the main bath came crashing down and smashed them all?  They are back in a pretty cream colour...and when they go on BOGO or sale....I'll pick up a couple...now that Mr. Seventies has the shelf safely secured to the wall.  Last time, one of the actual hangers on the back of the shelf left go...lesson learned.


And this adorable little bag would look cute on the shelf as well...am considering it when it goes on sale...



I'm pretty certain our location of Home Sense is the least stocked store in the Maritimes.  A friend and fellow dachshund owner is a huge shopper at Home Sense...and she posts amazing items she picks up at her local store...and when I check here...we have nothing.  For example...Valentine decor in our store...consists of about six red wreaths, a few tea towels and the odd mug or two. Yawn. 

And Easter...I'm thinking it's the fact it's early yet is the reason for the lack of decor.  One little area...consisting of two shelves...housed Easter decor.  The odd bunny or two (and you all know I love bunnies).  Only items to catch my eye were these adorable ducks...


Would be adorable to use in a table scape setting, if you are into that sort of thing.  Nothing I love more than a beautifully decorated table...


I am planning to do a winter tiered tray and coffee area...but am having difficulty finding what I want.  I've been on the hunt for a metal farmhouse tray...rarer than hen's teeth around here.  I'll keep on the hunt...there is one that may be suitable I came across on FB marketplace....

That's about it for today...we're going to hunker down and barrel through this storm.  The winds are picking up...schools are closed...roads and visibility are becoming an issue.

In the meantime...we're going to have a great weekend & wish everyone the same!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment