Followers

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

New Family Room Lamps and Winter Coffee Bar

The new family room lamps arrived....and although ordered from different shops....appeared on the same day!  How is that for timing... considering delayed deliveries with storms and bridge closures. Maybe I should purchase lottery tickets?

And....the order from Simons arrived...and I couldn't be happier.  As expected, I switched out the fibre fill cushions inside the covers for feather ones....the covers are amazing quality with the hidden zipper.  I folded the throw over the sofa....it is so soft and luxurious...and huge!  I haven't set the basket I ordered out yet...will do that in the coming days.  Before my order arrived, I washed and dried all the feather cushion inserts...so they are fresh and clean before being covered.   The turquoise covers I had previous....


I've been on the hunt for a tray for a bit of a winter coffee bar....and look what I came across on FB Marketplace!!  Exactly what I had in mind!!


We like having coffee pods, tea bags, sugar,  and mugs all in one spot!  These brown pottery mugs I previously purchased are perfect size!  They are my favourite...and although not dishwasher safe...they are microwave safe.  Mr. Seventies is using his dachshund Valentine mug gifted from a few years ago....it holds a large mug of coffee!!  And since it's still winter....the pottery snowman mugs still get called into service!!



Yesterday, we had rain....on top of all the snow we have!  Makes for a mess of slush for sure.  Just hoping we get a breather from storms for a while.  

I made a fresh batch of heart shape waffles...each batch gives me 13-14 waffles!  Once they are cooled...I store them in zip lock bags in the freezer!  So easy to pop a couple in the toaster to add to breakfast or for a snack!  I'm loving my little waffle maker!!  I made a batch earlier for grand baby...she enjoys them as well!

Today is grocery order pick up!  Grocery shopping is my least favourite thing to do...to order on line & pick up...is perfect for us.  What was old is new again....as a child, I remember my mother calling in a grocery order and it being delivered in brown paper bags & boxes.  Just the way ours are packed now.  (Plastic bags have been banned here for a few years now).  Delivery is available for a fee....but since the store is 3 km from our house....it's not a big deal to stop & have them set the order in the back of the SUV.  

I'm planning to get out & about in the shops in the next few days....before the weekend.  Valentines Day is Monday.....have your shopped for your sweetie yet?  

Have an awesome day wherever you are.  Thanks so much for stopping by!!


No comments:

Post a Comment