Followers

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

New To Me!!

 Let's just preface this post by advising I do own a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.  Have had it for years...so long in fact....there were only a few basic colours available then.  There is nothing wrong with it...it works like the day it came out of the box...and along with the stainless steel bowl...I have a glass one as well.  Which comes in handy when mixing up more than one recipe.  But it's red.

There is really no reason I "need" one in a different colour...except when I saw this...on FB Marketplace...in the colour Apple Green... (I have been obsessed with finding one).    Or Buttercup Yellow...neither of which are available....either out of stock...or not selling anywhere currently...in store or online.

I stumbled across this beauty...on FB Marketplace...in New Brunswick.  Minor hiccup.  It's located in New Brunswick...



Just to give you an idea how hard it is to find this gorgeous colour...check out this listing on eBay!!  Keep in mind...my location is Canada...$1,014.84 is the price in Canadian funds.  Not to forget the $177.68 for shipping.  The seller accepts offers....but I guarantee if offered $200...it would be declined fairly fast...



So when I came across the listing....it put the wheels in motion.  I have a friend in the same city where the mixer was being sold.  One quick message to her...and she was on board with meeting the seller...and just like that...it's in her vehicle...one step closer to me!  She reports it is in immaculate condition...barely used.  I have all the attachments, bowl guard & cover and various attachments...so none of that was needed.  Isn't it beautiful?



Rather than package it...and pay through the nose to ship it through Canada Post...(it weighs about 25 pounds)...she is sending it via bus!  If shipped in the morning....it arrives here later the same day.  I will receive a call to pick it up at the bus depot!  I've sent many parcels and packages to my daughter in Nova Scotia (and vice versa)...and it's a great way to ship and receive items!  For less money or comparable...

So, in case you are wondering the cost of this beauty?  Less than $200!  Even if shipping cost is $50...it is still worth the price!  And I will pass my current Kitchen Aid to my daughter in Nova Scotia (daughter here has one).  Everybody wins!  And I owe a debt of gratitude to my friend...when travel is completely safe...she and I have a full day of shopping & dining out planned!  Oh...and she is proud Mom to four dachshunds, Fergie, Charlotte, Grace and Bijou.  Another reason to love her to bits. 

It's the little things people...and this fun colour mixer makes me so happy!  I swear it has more power than my first vehicle.  

No post would be complete without grumbling about the weather...so here goes.  On top of this latest snow accumulation...we now have a "Special Weather Statement" in effect for tomorrow night into Friday night.  And it's coming in rain...and freezing rain.  20-40 mm of rain.  And 80-110 km/hr winds!  Enuf said.

I've said many times...I don't think this Island was meant to be inhabited!  When we get winter....we really get winter!  I'm so hoping for a long, hot, dry summer!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Feel free to leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment