Followers

Monday, January 31, 2022

New Home Decor Shop Visit

My neighbour and I visited a new local home decor shop on Friday.  While it was lovely, items well displayed...both she and I admitted it wasn't our "cup of tea"...so to speak.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves...


While it looks like a large shop....the door you see on the left, under the awning is the opening...and the shop is located on the bottom left corner.  The remainder of the building is used for other avenues...we think dance classes (currently closed)...and possible other available retail space.


There was nothing that really appealed to me...but I can certainly see where a certain clientele, designers and home stagers would be suited for what the shop carries.  And the prices...again just my opinion....over priced.  Not certain if you can see those little white square items on the left side of the table...those are candles.   With tax about $20....each.


If you are into greys and browns...and pottery...there is an "earthy" vibe to the shop...then you'd be right at home.  I'm pretty certain Home Sense has nothing to worry about.  But to each his own.  There are some who have a strong dislike for Home Sense, Winners and Marshalls.   Noted.   I'll stay in my lane....

Upon leaving the store...we headed to Home Sense.  Ahhh....like coming home.  I picked up the mug from a previous post, for my oldest daughter...and my friend picked up a gorgeous fabric & leather cushion for her new leather set on order!  The set was ordered before Christmas...with a six to seven month wait period.  How crazy is that?  Once it arrives....I've warned I will visit to drool over it.

We then popped into Winners....and I came across a small leather backpack/purse...on clearance.  I've had two Coach leather backpack bags over the years....and love that I'm able to sling on my back...as opposed to hanging off my shoulder or across my body.   It was available in two colours...I chose the reddish pecan colour....or there was a brown one available as well.  And a leather change purse was included...


And the back straps are fully adjustable...just by sliding the buckles.  And the bag is buttery soft leather....and the perfect size.  I don't carry a lot when I'm out & about...wallet, cell phone, mask & small container of Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer....



Now Simons online is more my jam!  Anyone not familiar with Simons...they are a Canadian company...with brick & mortar stores...as well as online.  Since we don't have a physical store...online is my only option.  I've ordered over the years...and have always been very happy with my items. 

And currently they are having a sale...and I came across a basket I've been wanting for a while now.  I've seen them in shops here...but not at the price I was eager to spend for the size I wanted....until now...great basket to hold extra throws....


And speaking of throws....this one is gorgeous!  It comes in a variety of colours... I ordered the mustard colour ...does it not look incredibly soft and luxurious?  Velvety...I'm such a pushover for throws.....and cushions....one can never have too many of either....


And speaking of cushions...pretty spring time flowers!!  These are actual cushions...fibre filled.  I will be zipping off the covers and replacing the fibre with my feather cushions...they will be much softer and plumper.  The reverse side is a cream colour...


I am in need of some pretty, spring colours after dealing with our third snow storm this month!  It was windy and wild here Saturday...with an additional 37-40 cm of snow added to the ever growing mounds we have now!  Some areas of the Island lost power with the high winds...and visibility was zero...and plows were taken off the roads until late Saturday night.  Yesterday was clean up day...and again...our sidewalks are buried.  

Tomorrow is a brand new month, right?  Happy to say bye-bye to January...although I admit it did go by rather quickly...for January.

Thanks so much for spending a little bit of your day with me!  Restrictions are eased here as of today...schools are re-opening at least for the time being.   Have an awesome day wherever you are today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment