Followers

Monday, January 24, 2022

Just January

Is it just me....or does January seem to be dragging on forever.  It is one of the coldest, darkest times of the year and I'm always looking forward to February.  It's a shorter month and a step closer to spring!   Although spring here is just a day on the calendar.

Okay, enough with the grumbling...it hasn't been all bad.  Look at the adorable waffle maker I purchased (curb side pick up)!!  Mr. Seventies was a bit skeptical...we made a batch over the weekend...and they were delicious!  The included recipe states it will make four waffles...but in reality it makes double that!  We just love it.  I plan to put together a batch for grand baby...they can be frozen & popped in the toaster!  Much tastier (and healthier) than the frozen ones sold in the grocery store.  And they are heart shaped!!



Due to rising numbers of Covid here and restrictions in the stores....I haven't been out and about much the past couple of weeks.  Even shopping for necessities is a bit more challenging...as the grocery chains cannot offer pick up...shortage of staff.  This is not disclosed until you get your order done...and attempt to check out and available times for pick up....are not available.  A call to the store & it was explained due to staff shortages.  I recommended they place that fact on their website!  

When restrictions are in place....either Mr. Seventies or myself will pick up the things we need.  Such is life at the moment. 

With the break in cold temperatures...we've managed to get out with Liesel for a couple of short walks.  I've been struggling to find winter footwear for walking...that isn't heavy but still provides warmth and good traction.  I came across these boots from Clark's...so I ordered a pair. 

A couple of features I like...they appear to have a good tread, leather construction...and although laces are available...easy open and closure with a zipper.  I ordered the Burgundy colour...and will update my findings once they arrive and I have a chance to test them out...



And doesn't Liesel look impressed with her snood?  I mentioned previously she panics when outside in the wind, during storms.  We attempted to wrap a small scarf around her head...but that was a huge fail.  I think she will wear the snood and be okay having her head & ears protected during snow storms.  During colder months...she has a variety of wraps, hoodies and sweaters...and if is okay with wearing them.  I'm very pleased with the thick knitted quality....



And lastly...you know I have a thing for cows.....and sheep.  I couldn't resist this adorable canvas...call me crazy.  It's adorable and whimsical...and I'll share when it arrives where it will be displayed...



No storms in the forecast yet...let's hope we get a bit of a reprieve for the next week or so.  Wouldn't mind a January thaw in the meantime.

Stay safe where you are today & I so appreciate you spending a bit of time with me.  Have an awesome day!!

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this adorable sheep print. So much fun in a long dreary month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra! So glad there is someone out there as quirky as me to love the sheep print! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liesel looks adorable in her snood! Glad to hear that there are no storms in the forecast - it's been nice this week in Calgary with temps in the +8 - 10 degrees range and I'll take that any day for January! Hope the boots work out for you as good ones can be hard to find. Happy Monday Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim!! So happy to hear the weather has been nice in Calgary..those are awesome temps you are getting! Fingers crossed the boots work out as well! Stay safe out there! Cannot wait until the world opens up again & we can visit Alberta again!

    ReplyDelete